AFTER *new club in vegas rules - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Is it that hard to believe that there are plenty of people who share the same vision, and that a lot of people are sick of the current "EDM" phase? He pulled a publicity stunt that got the name of his new club all over the internet without him having to do much. He will have a very prosperous business there. I know you have your mind made up on the matter already, but it's really as simple as I just put it.
    No my mind isn't made up, far from it. If anyone from Vegas can tell me in 6 months that this club has a thriving underground scene then I will at least say his ploy worked.

I just don't think it will work.

I get that people have shared vision of getting away from the mainstream, hell I am friends with the people that started one of the most well respected and well loved underground clubs that the UK has ever had 'Electric Chair'. They started the club partly as a reaction to the whole massive-club thing in the UK and took it back to a basement with just a dj booth made of bricks and huge soundsystem. It is now legendary for having had Moodyman, Greg Wilson, Krivit, Norman Jay... the list goes on and on and they never went mainstream and never resorted to stupid tactics. They just put nights on, made basic flyers and said "lets a have party". I totally get the vision. I just think these Vegas guys have gone about it in the wrong way.

That's all I'm saying.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Is it that hard to believe that there are plenty of people who share the same vision, and that a lot of people are sick of the current "EDM" phase?
    Would you rather go to a club which advertises the music they WILL play or a club which advertises the music they WON'T play?

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Would you rather go to a club which advertises the music they WILL play or a club which advertises the music they WON'T play?
    Well since you want to know about me personally, I would easily make the decision to go to his club based on what he won't be playing. Next month, I will be in Vegas and I will make it a point to go there. I will bump this thread and let you know what I think.

Tech Guru

Please do.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Is Vegas REALLY that bad that clubs have to resort to this...??? I dunno, I've never been.
    Yes.

The success of a club is not really based on the music policy, or the DJ's they they book. It's based on the PEOPLE that go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal
    Next month, I will be in Vegas and I will make it a point to go there.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    The success of a club is not really based on the music policy, or the DJ's they they book. It's based on the PEOPLE that go there.
    ...which is a result of a mix of door policy and the music that is played/not played.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

So - Promoter takes a photo of a controversial piece of paper which states the rules for music policy in the club, posts it on the internet and it now has 5 pages of "discussion" this DJ forum in 24 hours and half of page 1 google results for various other sources of the story on a search for after hours los vegas

See what they did there ?
    Last edited by deevey; 02-04-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

What are we confused with now?

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post

So - Promoter takes a photo of a controversial piece of paper which states the rules for music policy in the club, posts it on the internet and it now has 5 pages of "discussion" this DJ forum in 24 hours and half of page 1 google results for various other sources of the story on a search for after hours los vegas

See what they did there ?
    Reminds me of Deadmau5 and his marketing schemes.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast