AFTER *new club in vegas rules - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Good point. I could not have even imagined it. I was probably blissfully (at the time) unaware of controllers in 2000. The only DJ in my city using a laptop was using OtsDJ on autoplay every night and this made me very wary of laptop DJ's.

It was only later, maybe 2002/3 that I saw my mate using Traktor (actually using it as opposed to letting it autoplay) that I thought there was something worthy going on. But, even then when I started using Traktor mainly as a backup library I was accused of being an "mp3 DJ" and doing the same thing as the OtsDJ guy. It was only after getting really into controllers that people started to realise that there was more to being a "laptop DJ" than just 'pressing play'.
    First time I showed my vinyl friends traktor 1.06 I think I had a
    Game pad mapped to it.. And honestly for house parties we used it lots with mapped keyboard with two soundcard going into 2 spare channels on a djm600 but I would of never dared walking into a club where cdjs were taboo and throwing my laptop down and dropping a 4 hour set...

With that said there was a fairly popular web radio station I had 2 weekly slots on and one of them was a 6 hour slot and I almost always did this exclusively on traktor 1.06 with a keyboard... No one was the wiser that it wasn't with vinyl and that kinda pushed a lot of people to realize you could be a real dj with a laptop...

Speaking of traktor the one thing I miss are the filter setup from 1.06

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    And way off topic now
    Probably better off on the current topic at this point

Tech Mentor

Yeah it looks like the discussion is over but... this thread makes me glad I'm not the only person who saw the whole viral "dj rules" thing as nothing more than a publicity stunt.

A few of my friends posted that picture to facebook & twitter thinking it was the coolest thing ever... I decided to keep my asshole opinions to myself and am glad to see there are some people in this thread who feel the same way

You guys talking about "electric chair" are making me crave an underground party now.
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

We all (us old-timers, that is...) look back at these "underground" nights with so much nostalgia. But I've been in some clubs that I couldn't wait to get out of! Especially some after-hours places that were filled with REAL gangsters and proper low-lifes.

Now, I'm sure the comedowns didn't help the situation, and there was certainly an element of paranoia in there some of the time - but some clubs were underground for a reason.

That ol' paranoia kicked in HARD in a dingy after-hours place in an unfamiliar city, though!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

After hours club you mean a grunge warehouse party that starts at 2:30 and goes till 9.. And Dnb pumping for half the time maybe that was just a Houston tho g

Awesome rules, people freaking out keep in mind this is an after-hours club which is clearly going for a more underground, European style of music and venue. Not every damn club has to hire douchebag top 100 DJs just because clubbing should "be about the shared passion of music."

Some people appreciate a DJ that digs a little deeper for their tunes. And as for requests... fuck off this isn't a wedding. Let the DJ tell his story.

Tech Mentor

Some of you guys take yourselves way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnectControl View Post
    Awesome And as for requests... fuck off this isn't a wedding. Let the DJ tell his story.
    Exactly requests are for weddings and party's not a club

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    Some of you guys take yourselves way too seriously.
    People are just expressing their opinions. I don't think anyone on any side of this discussion is taking "themselves too seriously" (paraphrase). Maybe the debate has developed and people are getting more into the discussion but that's a forum for you. People aren't discussing each other, they are discussing the merits of this clubs actions.

I find it funny that in this thread there are those that think this 'sign' is ridiculous and wish to say why they think it so and then there are those that automatically come in with the usual DJTT 'what's the big deal' line. It's like a race to be either outspoken or cool. It's quite predictable.

It's like there HAS to be a dualism on this forum. If you have an opinion you are lambasted as taking things too seriously or you are brain washed into believing there's more to it than there really is.
    Likewise if you just pass it off with little care it's considered that you don't get it and how bad it is.

Sometimes one of the things this 'discussion forum' doesn't do very well is 'discuss' things.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast