AFTER *new club in vegas rules
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default AFTER *new club in vegas rules

im pretty sure most of you will appreciate this.

http://www.edmtunes.com/2014/02/chan...mproper-djing/
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Tech Guru

Appreciate what? A club trying too hard to be edgy and underground in order to gain some popularity?

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Appreciate what? A club trying too hard to be edgy and underground in order to gain some popularity?
    yeah why not? what is a club without customers?

Tech Guru

There's a fair amount of clubs in the world which are packed weekly without insulting producers and DJs.

If you don't want people who play Guetta to DJ at your club, don't book them - it's really simple. There's no need to be a bellend about it.

I agree, but I suppose you didn't notice the bolded 3AM in the middle. they are not banning them permanently, just a certain time. so you should be ok to play them before the noted time. just thought to share didnt meant to offend your "bellend"

- do not take musical requests what if the manager comes up and asks you to play something different? you say no?
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    - do not take musical requests what if the manager comes up and asks you to play something different? you say no?
    I would think the manager would book someone who he knows can perform. We have plenty of clubs like this in Chicago. The poster specifically mentions after 3 a.m anyways... If anyone plays this shit at an after-hours event then they won't have a chance to drop their next song before they get the boot.

Tech Guru

How does that change anything? They're still putting artists down which is completely unacceptable.

You posting the piece of news isn't offensive. What the club is doing, however, is offensive and a good example of a club which focuses on publicity gimmicks rather than putting on good nights.

imho this whole thing sounds ridiculous like everything else that came to/from las vegas. nevermind. i wont be going there neither will i be supporting anything like this.
    this is just another way to promote a mainstream thing the underground way...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    You posting the piece of news isn't offensive. What the club is doing, however, is offensive and a good example of a club which focuses on publicity gimmicks rather than putting on good nights.
    their house, their rules. plus they are in vegas. there is a good choice that some other club is playing that stuff anyway.

as for it being offensive: some people seem to have thin skin, if they see something like this as offensive.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast