AFTER *new club in vegas rules - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Found it :

Sorry gone off topic.
    And again I have here, gone off post, sorry, but you jammy git! you have to get it framed!
    Never manage to get to the 'outside of the club nights'. Twas too many other nights to go to after the Unabomber's inspired other nights to start up. Have a few tales been told along the years about Luke as well, never to be repeated mind you. Loved the time in Manchester then. living in Chorlton at the time. The city had a wicked buzz, no where near the same here, Jakarta at all. Busy pluggin to make a 'scene' here mind you, all these years later and a a lot longer in the tooth
    Those night With harvey in the Roadhouse were uber intense. Such an education with his set's. Glad to see he still retains his original vibe's. Also took one of his habits to this day even playing at clubs of having Incense burning in the booth.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard26354 View Post
    And again I have here, gone off post, sorry, but you jammy git! you have to get it framed!
    Never manage to get to the 'outside of the club nights'. Twas too many other nights to go to after the Unabomber's inspired other nights to start up. Have a few tales been told along the years about Luke as well, never to be repeated mind you. Loved the time in Manchester then. living in Chorlton at the time. The city had a wicked buzz, no where near the same here, Jakarta at all. Busy pluggin to make a 'scene' here mind you, all these years later and a a lot longer in the tooth
    Those night With harvey in the Roadhouse were uber intense. Such an education with his set's. Glad to see he still retains his original vibe's. Also took one of his habits to this day even playing at clubs of having Incense burning in the booth.
    LOL!

Uber Intense Incense!!

Its for all them sweaty dancers...in a small room with no aircon innit?

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

OT, is mixing internally in Serato so bad? it is mentioned specifically...

I know that some SDJ controllers can be accused of looking a little toy-like but surely that can't be said for a ddjsx/sz/ns7ii

Also does that mean by extension that this Vegas club thinks mixing internally in Traktor or Ableton is better and therefore acceptable?

/Can't say I have a problem with most of the other rules, but guess its just a marketing ploy anyways...

Tech Mentor

It also says "Do not mix with Traktor without the use of an external controller".

It's somewhat unfair, but banning controllers/internal mixing is actually a way to prevent people from faking sets or keep people away form your booth that can't mix without the help of sync, waveforms, etc.

It's not meant to imply everybody who's mixing internally or using software ist faking or doesn't know how to actually DJ, but it's much harder to fake things when using CDJs, Timecode or Controllers. (If you want to know how to fake things nonetheless, just ask Steve Angello).

I think we can all agree on this: there's nothing inherently wrong with having these guidelines.

Everyone is just split on whether or not it's necessary/appropriate to explicitly post rules/situations that can potentially be enforced/avoided by a decent promotor/owner.

And, if it's a publicity stunt, then I guess people are split on whether it will really work long term to create the vibe they're looking for, or if it will ultimately seem gimmicky.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    I think we can all agree on this: there's nothing inherently wrong with having these guidelines.
    No, we can't. I'll quote Artwork here - if there was a curtain between the DJ and the crowd and everyone was enjoying themselves, would you care whether the DJ was using straight vinyl or VDJ with his mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    No, we can't. I'll quote Artwork here - if there was a curtain between the DJ and the crowd and everyone was enjoying themselves, would you care whether the DJ was using straight vinyl or VDJ with his mouse?
    My point was that there's nothing inherently wrong with a club owner or promotor having certain criteria that he uses when selecting DJs. Everyone does it to an extent. You hire people that play a certain genre of music, or who only play vinyl, or who only play mainstream, etc, based on the vibe you are trying to create. I'm just saying that the real debate here in my opinion is whether or not it's appropriate or necessary to explicitly post guidelines for issues that shouldn't even be issues if you are good at hiring the right people.

For what it's worth, I personally think that it shouldn't matter what hardware or software you use if you are pleasing the crowd. But that's just the old controller/CDJ/computer/whatever debate all over again, which doesn't ever end well.

My only beef with the list is explicitly calling an artist a douche. There's really no need for that, whether or not he's actually a douche.

Otherwise, just have a manager/promoter that knows how to hire DJs for that time slot and you don't need to print out a list.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678