Selling SoundCloud Followers: Is it legit?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Selling SoundCloud Followers: Is it legit?

Hi DJTechTools community,

My name is Felix, and I've been DJing and producing for 7 months now. I recently came across an article that mentioned sites that sell SoundCloud plays and followers. I was really skeptical and did a bunch of Google searches to dig deeper. I've seen sites that are very obviously fake and useless. I'd rather have 100 real followers who are interested in my music than 100,000 bot accounts.

That being said, some of the other sites that I came across seem to look more legitimate. The pricing is higher, and they claim stuff like "We own over 30 Music & Entertainment websites! High traffic on daily basis enables us to offer you comprehensive promotion through music targeted front page promotional postings over our vast network."

Before I do anything, I wanted to know what you guys thought of services like these. Has anyone ever used it and gotten any good out of it?

Specifically, the most "legit-looking" site I found was this one: http://www.simulalabs.com/. I'm still sketched out quite a bit, but do you think I should risk $30 and see if I get any actual results?

Thanks everyone!

There may be some merit to it if they are showing your music to real people on reputable blogs, but you need to ask yourself "have I made anything that is going to impress people enough for them to want to follow me". If your fairly new to making music and don't feel that you have made anything worthwhile, I would stay away from advertising something people aren't going to enjoy.

If you do feel confident in your music and want to put some money behind promoting it, do some research into different promotion options. Aside from paying these websites, you can advertise on numerous social media sites, you can hire a publicist, advertise on a blog, etc.
    Last edited by IznremiX; 02-03-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

It's a waste man. You'll get a bunch of inactive followers, a bunch of fake plays on tracks you've uploaded, no comments, no likes, etc. What's going to happen when you upload a new track and you have 3000 followers and struggle to get 100 plays in a month? Plus, all of those robot followers get deleted over time. You'll watch your list shrink by the day.

It's just bogus.

Tech Guru

It works but the followers won't do nothing and will disappear , also it is against Soundcloud's Terms of Use.

There are a lot of other sites that sell this kind of service to Facebook, which also work, followers also do nothing and will disappear, but it's not against Facebook's Terms of Use.

Soundcloud is a very good tool to have unknown people rating your stuff. If you show your music to your friends they will be much more likely to lie to you and to say things are AWESOME when atually they are just ok.

I see this kind of service as a bad idea, but if you really need followers and plays quick to impress someone (?) it will work maybe.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor

Everyone in the industry can spot fake numbers a mile off.

A local DJ around here has 11k twitter followers. Zero interactions from any of them.

Thousands of plays on selected mixes on Soundcloud. 260 followers.

It would annoy me, if he was getting away with it. But he's not. Nobody books him.

Any label or promoter will be impressed by 1000 genuine, organic, followers on a service. They'll see straight through this bought-in nonsense.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mojaxx View Post
    Everyone in the industry can spot fake numbers a mile off.

A local DJ around here has 11k twitter followers. Zero interactions from any of them.

Thousands of plays on selected mixes on Soundcloud. 260 followers.

It would annoy me, if he was getting away with it. But he's not. Nobody books him.

Any label or promoter will be impressed by 1000 genuine, organic, followers on a service. They'll see straight through this bought-in nonsense.
    I also know a guy like this... would piss me off....but he's also not getting booked.

As Mojaxx wisely said, it's very easy to tell if the guy bought the followers.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Another interesting thing to note is that when you buy followers you may actually be harming your reach. Only a certain percent of followers on facebook, soundcloud, twitter, etc. see what you post. When you pay for followers, you "dilute" the number of real followers you have; so whenever you post a mix, less real people end up seeing it. This COMPLETELY messes up your social media and makes it fairly useless.

Also, I read on reddit that these fake accounts will go and like other similar pages in order to seem legit. There was one dj in particular who's account ended up with waaay more fake likes than real, even though he didn't buy them. Again, this entirely messed up his reach and his page. Moral of the story is; when you buy fake followers, not only are you messing up your social media presence, you could be messing up that of similar artists as well
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Tech Guru

its messed up in some way cause big djs definitely do buy followers but its not something that is held against them {cough cough\ dutch}

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    Another interesting thing to note is that when you buy followers you may actually be harming your reach. Only a certain percent of followers on facebook, soundcloud, twitter, etc. see what you post. When you pay for followers, you "dilute" the number of real followers you have; so whenever you post a mix, less real people end up seeing it. This COMPLETELY messes up your social media and makes it fairly useless.

Also, I read on reddit that these fake accounts will go and like other similar pages in order to seem legit. There was one dj in particular who's account ended up with waaay more fake likes than real, even though he didn't buy them. Again, this entirely messed up his reach and his page. Moral of the story is; when you buy fake followers, not only are you messing up your social media presence, you could be messing up that of similar artists as well

All true. And it also makes the work that genuine people put into getting genuines likes, basically worthless.

A friend of mine has worked hard to get, like, 5000 proper Facebook likes in the last few years. He says it's not even worth mentioning to promoters anymore, as they just assume they've been bought. As a metric of popularity, it's become meaningless.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by felixxxiao View Post
    Specifically, the most "legit-looking" site I found was this one: http://www.simulalabs.com/. I'm still sketched out quite a bit, but do you think I should risk $30 and see if I get any actual results?

That's all bullish*t.

This site is just trying to convince DJs who don't want to buy fakes they're going to bring them likes and plays from people who are really interested in their music.

You can tell that's simply not how it's going to work since they guarantee you a certain number of followers and plays, something they could never do if they just put links to you stuff on some of their websites.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast