The Official Pioneer PLX-1000 Thread. - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 180
  1. #11
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,258

    Default



    Jesus that thing sucked.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  2. #12
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    8,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by despo View Post
    if pioneer makes a turntable I'm SOLD
    Wow...The Pioneer marketing department have done a number on you mate. You want it and you don't even know what it's gonna be like..?

    I get the sentiment though... it's only a matter of time (in this thread) before someone says "if Pioneer bring a turntable out it will be the industry standard in 5 years" as someone said about the DDJ SZ last week.

    First off, Qbert is not the kind of guy to let something slip. That was pure Pioneer marketing right there. Qbert isn't a douchebag and he isn't a show off. He's nobodies fool but I'd guess they knew he was gonna say that.

    I am not surprised that Pio are doing this. They are trying to standardise the whole DJ world, who can blame them, they have the high end CDJ market sown up and if seems that with their Serato colab they are sweeping up many controllerists despite pushing them down their own "industry standard" format. Why not turntables..?

    I see they have 2 choices here:
    A: Bring out a next level turntable. Push it down the midi route, buttons, encoder etc. Team up with Serato, include Tone Maps.
    This I could care less about. I've never been a fan of bashing on a turntable which Is why I never bought into Dicers. Most of the people I know that bought them moved onto an X1 or MidiFighter cus in reality tapping away on a turntable is not a very nice experience (inmho)... but if priced right it will kill Reloops new TT dead in the water because........yeah you guessed it, people think that Pioneer are the "industry standard", why buy anything other than Pioneer if you can afford it. Chances are this TT would cost a fortune anway.

    B: Go down the traditional route and bring out an OEM/1210 copy, price it right and the TT market won't have the diversity that people would hope, it will KILL all comers, because....yep it's the "industry standard" and people will fall over themselves to buy them.

    Next Up: Pioneer sneakers that will outsell Nike cus in 5yrs they will be the....oh I can't say that again
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 02-04-2014 at 11:57 AM.

  3. #13
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos
    The Pioneer marketing department have done a number on you mate.
    Y'know who did a number on me? The Lacoste marketing dept.

    I never fall for advertising - but when the Eau de Lacoste adverts came out with GMF's The Message, I ran straight out and bought the White Eau de Lacoste.

    Now I have the white, red, black and green.

    And I'm buying the blue in Duty Free next week.

    Yup. Marketing Dept.'s are bastards for sure.

    But advertising is like that. It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how I keep from going under.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJWORX View Post
    Like if Technics made a CDJ?
    Such a good point.

  5. #15
    Tech Guru synthet1c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    ha ha-ha-ha ha ha
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

  6. #16
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c
    ha ha-ha-ha ha ha
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  7. #17
    Tech Guru SlayForMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

    I see they have 2 choices here:
    A: Bring out a next level turntable. Push it down the midi route, buttons, encoder etc. Team up with Serato, include Tone Maps.
    This I could care less about. I've never been a fan of bashing on a turntable which Is why I never bought into Dicers. Most of the people I know that bought them moved onto an X1 or MidiFighter cus in reality tapping away on a turntable is not a very nice experience (inmho)... but if priced right it will kill Reloops new TT dead in the water because........yeah you guessed it, people think that Pioneer are the "industry standard", why buy anything other than Pioneer if you can afford it. Chances are this TT would cost a fortune anway.

    B: Go down the traditional route and bring out an OEM/1210 copy, price it right and the TT market won't have the diversity that people would hope, it will KILL all comers, because....yep it's the "industry standard" and people will fall over themselves to buy them.
    C: CDJ with a rotating platter (something like Denon SC3900), HID compatible with SeratoDJ and Traktor. New lineup: all CDJ get platters, jogs are left for controllers? Maybe.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

  8. #18
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    Would it be crazy to think they might ditch the needle and make a real upgrade to the standard record player?
    Yes it would. Because there's no way to play a record, other than with a needle. It's technically impossible.

  9. #19
    Tech Guru synthet1c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    you could use a laser... everything's better with lasers! can't see it happening though.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

  10. #20
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TCMuc View Post
    Yes it would. Because there's no way to play a record, other than with a needle. It's technically impossible.
    That's hard to believe, but if you say so... I don't see any reason for them to throw their hat in the ring unless they're doing something next level unless they just can't stand to see someone else's product next to their mixers.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •