The Official Pioneer PLX-1000 Thread. - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJWORX View Post
    Like if Technics made a CDJ?
    Haha very well played. I would love it if was a completely new design not another OEM dressed up a little different.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Wow...The Pioneer marketing department have done a number on you mate. You want it and you don't even know what it's gonna be like..?
    Jesus, calm down, I mean provided they're actually any good. I probably should've added that, it's not like Imma throw out my 1210's immediately and buy new pioneer tables that are probably gonna be replaced by a mk2 version a year later because the initial table has huge design flaws.

but IF they happen to be fucking awesome imma get em

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I thought by saying "mate" you might get that it was a friendly post...clearly not.

Tech Mentor

Aww cmon mate, my post wasn't any less friendly, no need to be so uptight
    I can understand your frustration with all the people willing to jump onto the next company's gear, declaring itself the "industry standard" with pompous marketing campaigns.

I definately came off in my post like one of those blokes that goes "OH DIS IS SHINY IMMA BUY DIS WHEN IT COMES OUT K", but actually I like to wait and see what happens. Tbh I'd just be glad if Pioneer or any other company came out with a turntable that finally outmatches the technics

I have hope that they release something like the reloops. Im looking at getting tables this year so would be convenient to end up with a whole pio set up.

Think vinyl resurgence is on the hifi market still can't buy 70% of new track releases on vinyl

Oh and I wonder if pioneer has a master plan of going
    Into club design and offering a all in one solution for a new venue

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    Oh and I wonder if pioneer has a master plan of going
    Into club design and offering a all in one solution for a new venue
    We'll they already unveiled their new PA rig last year so they already have that covered.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    Think vinyl resurgence is on the hifi market still can't buy 70% of new track releases on vinyl
    Probably true but I know at least 3 DJ's personally that learnt on either CDJ's or controllers and have moved over to vinyl and only use vinyl now. These are guys that have been DJ's for 3 maybe 4 years.

They play a lot of 'Moodyman' type stuff, disco edits etc so the vinyl is there to be bought.

I think this so-called vinyl revival is real enough, just not as big as is sometimes made out.

The last piece of vinyl I bought was the last Boards Of Canada lp and I only bought the vinyl cus their albums are beautiful things. You got a download of the album as well which I think is a great idea. I think more people would buy an album on vinyl if they knew there was a free download for their iPod or car or to DJ with if they are a DJ. No free download and you have to rip it or buy it again on CD or MP3 which is a bit off putting for most considering the cost involved.

The new Quantic album on Tru-Thoughts comes with a download version. I think it's smart.

Just my 2 cents... I started on controllers four years ago and moved to a dvs setup. Now I'm battling little old ladies for parking spots at garage sales looking for boxes of vinyl. I haven't delved much into production yet, but I have insane amounts of sampling material and a library of great music for cheap. It's so much more exciting to dig through a box of records than it is to scroll through computer files.
    That, and I love the physical feel of cuing up a record. I'm not very good, but I love learning scratching and beat juggling tricks.

I believe Pioneer's rumored turntable to be a turntable. If it didn't have a tone arm or play records, why else would they use an archaic reference like "turntable"? I would imagine it to be one like Reloop's packed with technology. Torque adjustments, fader adjustments, LCD screen etc... We live in 2014. People that want the classic standard buy Technics 1200's. I would bet that it has a USB connection and Recordbox support like the CDJ lineup.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast