The Official Pioneer PLX-1000 Thread. - Page 17
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Moderator Note - This is now the official thread up in here (General Discussion). Thread title changed.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    Agreed.

More expensive than the Stanton 150, the Vestax PDX 3000mk2, and even the RP-8000 with built-in midi. Hardly a surprise though!

The video looks smart though so no doubt they will sell like hot cakes.

Looking forward to seeing some reviews.
    I'm not sure about this so please bear with me, but if I'm not mistaken Pioneer doesn't have to offer a such a lengthy warranty inside the US as they have to in Europe. But if that's not it, well..yeah, we're being messed with

Australian retail $999.00 (inc 10% tax) ...

So essentially the same price as the SL1200/1210mk2 used to be ... They'll sell for less though ...

I'll be seeing one next week so I'll try and take pics and let you guys know how it is (I might take one of my 1210mk2's in to compare).
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    I'm not sure about this so please bear with me, but if I'm not mistaken Pioneer doesn't have to offer a such a lengthy warranty inside the US as they have to in Europe. But if that's not it, well..yeah, we're being messed with
    That would certainly make sense if it's true. That could also explain why we don't have access to the Pioneer 'B-Stock' sales here in Europe that the US does!
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Anybody know if there's a click at 0% on the pitch fader?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Good question.

Tech Mentor

guys, just note that this is not meant to replace your working technics. these are to fill the void of the fact that the supply of technics has stopped, so as time goes on, as new DJ's look to buy a set of solid tables, finding reliable working technics will be harder.

I too had hoped they added more functionality, but I think Pioneer is just testing the waters here. See how well the market responds to it before they invest in coming out with a more robust turntable with added features & costs to manufacturing.

For now, 2 of these into a DJM900 with USB from your laptop to the mixer is the simplest way to get vinyl DVS control with minimal hookup (need DJM900 SRT edition for serato). Just show up to venue with laptop & USB cable (& needles & slipmats)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dsquareddan View Post
    See how well the market responds to it before they invest in coming out with a more robust turntable with added features & costs to manufacturing.
    And how much more would a more robust one with added features cost?

At 599 a piece they're not exactly cheap, they are aiming these squarely at the top end of the market.

Also with Pioneer, cost for the spare parts are ridiculous, I dread to think how much they'll charge for spare parts for the turntable.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

^^This.

If I were replacing either of my Technics or my PDXs with another pair of decent turntables these would already be behind the Stanton St/Str150s & the Reloop RP7000s.

In fact I could even pick up a pair of the RP8000s with midi and use the £150 I saved by not buying the Pioneers to buy a pair of decent carts.

I just can't see where they are coming from with that price. It's not like with their CDJs where they came up with a revolutionary product that cornered the market and could therefore charge what they like. They have basically re-invented the wheel and charging a hoverboard price for it.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

The whole point of the exercise is to convince people that this is a replacement for the 1210.

The price, the look, the feature set are all so similar to Technics for that purpose. Pioneer have been very clever in this regard.

They don't want people deriding the decks cus they have silly features like midi (silly in comparison to a 1210).
    They don't want to give people the excuse that they are bloated and toy-like which can be said (unfairly) of other decks.

They didn't undercut the price of the 1210 as that would seem to devalue them against the 1210.

The whole point is : 'this is exactly the same as a 1210. Do you like Pioneer stuff? If yes this is the best option cus it's the same a 1210'.

They are priced highly so that people think they are getting a quality product.
    A product that matches the one that is no longer in production.
    These decks will never come down in price. They will remain high to reinforce the perception that they are 'the only' quality deck in production. Kids can afford them not just the high end user. Kids will spend their college grants on them. They will be on their Xmas lists.
    The Pioneer koolaid will be swigged down like fat kids drinking supersized cola cups in McDonalds.