Know any good places to get Gigs?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Know any good places to get Gigs?

Hi all,

This seems like a very naive question, I know. but does anybody know any places (around the world in particular) where I can get good gigs that will enjoy some hard, heavy and filthy EDM, like dubstep, glitch hop, dnb, trap, and multiple forms of house? Some artist examples would be Excision, Eptic, Knife Party, Datsik, Krewella, Pegboard Nerds, Bassnectar, Megalodon etc, Like some really hard ass EDM.
    I had some friends tell me that Australia is an awesome place to play dubstep. During most of my time, I am usually around Sweden or Saudi Arabia, but I would like to know some good places everywhere because I'm a kid that travels a lot.

any ideas?

would appreciate the help. Don't say Craigslist because I find it very difficult to work with.
    MacBook Pro 15" | Traktor Pro 2 | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 | MIDI Fighter 3D | Ableton Push | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | Bose 901
    We are mortal while we are seeking what we love. When you've found what you love, that is when you achieve Immortality.
    - Supported by River Accorsi -

Come on, man...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JBang View Post
    Come on, man...
    Dude, do you understand how hard it is to find a club or event of any sort that will enjoy dubstep and other heavy stuff?! In any of the countries I live in? Saudi Arabia, Sweden? Like I spend more time in sweden than I do at home in saudi arabia. Like Sweden man... swedes are like "house" people.
    MacBook Pro 15" | Traktor Pro 2 | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 | MIDI Fighter 3D | Ableton Push | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | Bose 901
    We are mortal while we are seeking what we love. When you've found what you love, that is when you achieve Immortality.

don't wanna bust you bubble, but i really really doubt that any club will hire you just because you play "EDM".

also it is a bit naive to ask where to find such clubs, cause this stuff is getting played in most of the countries where there are clubs...just google for a club with acts like you mentioned above and check where they play...it aint that hard
    though you´ll hardly get a gig as an unknown stranger, except you are a upcomming producer. if you´re just a dj with a little fanbase on a regional base you wont be getting booked...it is all about being known or knowing important beings.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

does knowing a very popular DJ in the US help? well in US Terms.
    same case for knowing a quite popular Swedish DJ.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bodhisattva View Post
    No.

Unless they are going to request you as their warm-up DJ for their world tours...

Do you have any gigs in Sweden or Saudi Arabia?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bodhisattva View Post
    so why not ask them if you already have some connections?

The UK is a great place for Dubstep & Drum 'n Bass

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvee View Post
    The UK is a great place for Dubstep & Drum 'n Bass
    the acts he listed are far away from being dubstep anymore but i guess this is a point of personal taste

Tech Guru

Australia seems to be the best place to play the most bad ass EDM, I don't know, I would go to Australia.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast