production audio interface help

Default production audio interface help

hey guys,

I've been away and really busy working so haven't posted for quite a while, but I'm after some help.

I have been given an old behringer fca 202 firewire audio interface, to use with my desktop for production. i know its old and not great but it was free and i figured better than the headphone out

Anyway my problem, on my friends (erm..) hackintosh, it was working absolutely fine, sound output etc.. all good.
    Ive got it home and plugged it into my desktop and went to test with headphones, the output is weak, no bass, and really tinny & has almost like an echo on it.

i have tried this with akg, aiaiai, and some crappy earphones and they are all the same, i have also tried changing the samplerate, with no difference.

HOWEVER.... when i plug in my old knackered hd25's the sound is good, just lacking in bass.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

desktop specs are: mac pro 1,1 , 16gb ram, 2x2.66ghz quad core intel xeon.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Tech Mentor

sounds very odd of an issue im using an unsported firewire audio interface myself (presonus firebox) i too have a mac pro 1,1 im running osx mavericks via a plist and boot efi hack so that both my macbook pro and desktop are both running the same and i have no issue with my audio interface in any of my DAWs hopefully youve checked the fact your defo using the interface for both input and output? and master and output level channels are at 0dB?

The only thing I haven't done there is change the inputs to the sound card, didn't think it would make a difference, however I will change the setting tomorrow and give it a try, if you don't mind me asking did you follow a tutorial on how to get mavericks onto your 1,1, if so do you have a link that you could forward to me in a pm. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account