Pioneer DDJ-SP1 & Traktor not impressed :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pioneer DDJ-SP1 & Traktor now very impressed :)

I have just bought a Pioneer DDJ-SP1 to replace the Zomo MC1000 in my CDJ setup (900s & 850k) but I am not sure its working properly in Traktor.

I have altered the internal set up to allow its use for software other than Serato and loaded the TSI file from Pioneer into Traktor (I deleted all other controller TSIs and started fresh with the SP1, adding the CDJ TSI afterwards) but it seems to me half the stuff on it isn't working, main issues:-

1. Instant effects mapped to the roll/slicer buttons don't activate).
    2. Performance pads don't light up for cues or effects.
    3. Cant seem to trigger loops but I can adjust their length when I trigger them from the CDJs.
    4. Sampler isn't working

Other than that everything else works fine.

Its a bit galling as it currently does nothing any better or adds anything the Zomo did with the exception of allowing more cues points. But if I can work out what I am doing wrong then I can imagine this being a great piece of kit

Does anyone have any experience of this add on controller and where I am going wrong with it?
    Last edited by Crem Brule; 02-07-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Tech Mentor

It looks like the mapping Pioneer provided was simply bad. It has nothing to do with the hardware probably. Search for a mapping made by a user (this site has a pretty large database) or learn to make your own (I did for my Mixtrack Pro 2, it's very rewarding and totally worth it).

Did something go wrong with your MC-1000?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

try importing it 2 times from big button at bottom of config panel not through controller manager and you need to let it import the fx setting. also check that all Pioneer SP1 in Controller manager are set to port in and out.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Did something go wrong with your MC-1000?
    No it's being moved to my DVS set up. I wanted more cues readily available and the instant effects on the performance pads appealed. Shame U cannot get it working fully

Default Pionner DDJ-SP1 & Traktor now very very impressed :)

Quick update. I have been incredibly dim (again) it appears that in the units internal settings I had set up for Serato and not other software. It appears to have come out of the box enable for non Serato software (which is strange considering its primarily a Serato controller) and I had enabled Serato control. All now sorted and working properly, wow what a magic piece of kit.

The instant effects on the performance pads are superfun, looping all good and everything lights up like a Christmas tree. It is an improvement over the Zomo MC1000 which i rated very highly but it is probably to early to say if its worth the extra £ over the Zomo.

A quick note on the way the Traktor mapping works which I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet is that you actually get transport control from the unit which is handy (I don't think you get this with Serato). Would I want to use only the SP1 and a mixer without a more substantial method of deck control, probably not, but it could be handy in an emergency situation.

Care to share the mapping? I might try to re-map some of the instant effects to a pad on the F1/Dicer...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Patch, the TSI is on the Pioneer site.

Groovy. I'll be checking that out!

Did you already test the PIONEER_DDJ-SP1_V100.tsi from the pioneer support url?
    I did and I'm still disapointed

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Groovy. I'll be checking that out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast