Have you seen the loopers?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Have you seen the loopers?

I took an odd turn on YouTube and started watching some loopers perform. It's crazy how good these people are.

She's got mad recorder skills!

For anyone who hasn't seen or heard of them, 2 of the best are Beardy Man and Dub Fx.

Also Tom Thumb, Rico Looper, Super Tall Paul Newman, and Reggie Watts.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 02-06-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Thats good fun!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Reggie Watts is fookin' hilarious. Mad, MAD skills!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I like the sounds of Slizzer! The second half of this video is real crazy.

I was viewing looper vids in youtube for some time now. and OMG, they are freaking awesome. well some of them are.

trying to replicate it in traktor with the loop recorder but to no luck.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    trying to replicate it in traktor with the loop recorder but to no luck.
    I always had an idea to try nail that workflow by using a LoopRecorder and copying those samples into a Remix Deck. Especially now with unlocked mappings. Totally possible!

As the videos inspired me, I am already on it. My only problem is my i3 powered computer can't handle it. Traktor crashes when I record vocals (running through Deck D to add Fx) then try to move it to a slot. Oddly it doesn't crash when I record myself triggering one shots, then copy to slot.
    I have a bank mapped for loop recorder control, Master tempo, tap, and tick; and on one button for a slot- copy to remix slot, delete recorder and start/mute slot. Since I am using an S4 also I have a foot pedal for the record/overdub function. The Fx in Traktor aren't the greatest for vocals, but some work nicely. Like Transpose with dry/wet at 50% for adding "harmonies".

The way I have it planned, I would use Deck D for vocals, and playing one shots(bass, synths, risers, etc) to record in the loop recorder; Deck A and B as 8 slots for the loops from the recorder (you could do more of course, I want to keep myself limited somewhat), and Deck C for Drum Loops/One Shots (or MF Twister drum machine).

The only thing that is a little bit fiddly, is I have to time triggering the copied loop correctly to ensure there isn't a gap in playback, because the loop recorder is deleted at the same time.

This girl has a sweet all vocals looper performance of Michael Jackson's "The Way You Make Me Feel". This performance is well done, but her singing these lyrics is just wrong.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 02-09-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I always had an idea to try nail that workflow by using a LoopRecorder and copying those samples into a Remix Deck. Especially now with unlocked mappings. Totally possible!
    I figured that I would have to use the remix decks. just have to figure out how to. technically, I still learning how to use my s2 and traktor itself.
    my RGAS story

Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    I figured that I would have to use the remix decks. just have to figure out how to. technically, I still learning how to use my s2 and traktor itself.
    Perhaps mute, trigger and play/trigger type control is all that you need to start playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Perhaps mute, trigger and play/trigger type control is all that you need to start playing.
    got that covered. what i meant is that I would have to figure out the loop recorder thing and to the workflow and mapping to the s2.
    my RGAS story

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast