Xone k2 advice traktor

Default Xone k2 advice traktor

Hello, I currently have an audio 6, x1 mk1, djm t1.

When I normally dj on weekends I just take my audio 6 and x1 and run it into a djm800 (I don't use time code)

I want to start using 4 decks so was thinking I could buy a xone k2 and use as 4 channel internal mixer running into just one channel on djm800,

However how good is the sound quality on the xone k2 compared to an audio 6.
    I have been using my djm t1 but it's a lump to take to clubs as I find the sound better than the 800.

I know the sound will still be coming from the 800 but if I get 4 channels I can live with the sound quality as long as the k2 is good enough for club use, as a sound card.

Any help or anything else people can think of instead please let me know.

Thanks

Tech Guru

There have been complaints about the K2 sound card being very quiet, but it should sound ok.

Why not upgrade your sound card instead and continue using a hardware mixer? The K2 does not have center detents on the knobs so it's a little difficult to use it as a mixer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

It was just ease of use tbh I thought it would be easier setting up in clubs etc, as it would only be one cable, and I always like to have a cdj ready in the spare channel In case anything goes wrong. With 4 channel mixer and audio 10 I won't have that option?

And if I have to play some where that doesn't have 4 channel mixer then, I would be wasting money on a soundcard I can't use all of.

I like the look of the k2,

Would I not be able to run the k2 as a midi mixer and use my audio 6 as just a main out?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathewcanavan1 View Post
    Would I not be able to run the k2 as a midi mixer and use my audio 6 as just a main out?
    Yup

Tech Guru

I use my xone k2 at gigs and it's really really quiet indeed, but the sound quality is really good!
    I used to have a NI X1 and a Numark DJIO and I've replaced this setup by a single Xone k2 and I don't regret it!
    My mapping is a x1 clone plus 2 decks mixer, really compact and powerfull

Tech Guru

Also I don't miss the center detents in knobs, but I think it's a personal choice...
    If you don't like the Xone k2 outputs in comparison to your audio 6 outputs you can still use the k2 as your controller and keep using your audio 6 as your output, but I think you will like the fast setup that a single piece of hardware offers to us, mobile DJs...