Official Novation Twitch Owners Thread(?)
Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Official Novation Twitch Owners Thread(?)

I thought we, owners of the Twitch could gather all the info, tips, TSI's etc regarding the love bunny that is Novation Twitch.

So, I've been pining for thing machine since I first saw it months ago and I've had it on pre order for about 2 months. I finally got it yesterday and even took it out playing on the first day, with Itch. I wanted to give Itch an honest chance during a sturdy 6 hour set.

Needless to say the first thing I did this morning was to download and mod the Traktor Pro 2 mapping. The only thing I've done so far is to replace play/pause with CUP and changed beat sync to tempo sync and replaced toggle with hold so I don't have to double click to just sync the tempo, not the track. But I see other things I want to change soon as well, I think the Twitch will be for me, what the VCI100 was for Ean.

I must say this is what I've been waiting for since I started feeling limited and tired of the VCI100 2 years ago. Now that I know how bad subwoofers mess up the jog wheels performance in a club, I will undoubtedly never get another controller with jog wheels again. Not to mention the shear amount of real estate you lose on your controller.

The only thing right now that I haven't been able to figure out is how to make the touch strip more sensitive. I want it to move less fast, so I can nail the cue point perfectly.

Other than that, the build, the feel, the buttons and knobs (some of the knobs have a bit too much resistance, but like any woman, they'll soften up eventually, wait, what?), it all feels great, light weight but sturdy.

Go on, tell us what you think of it and if you're working on some creative mappings.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Haven't even tried mine with Traktor yet, but I will eventually!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I've been a Traktor addict for many years now and Itch was just a big turn off, mainly because of the lousy BPM reading and limited effects. I like that it's slimmed down and minimal, but I need freedom of customization of layout, functions etc.

The original Traktor mapping is really tight and works great right out the box, and the layout cover, genius.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

he he, I just realized that the Traktor Overlay is not a "sticker" like the VCI100 overlays. You're just supposed to place it on top? Come on!

For flexbility! You could always glue it down
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

A few dots of this will go a long way and it's not permanent.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Adhesive-Putty-Removable-860/dp/B000AN7EW4"]Amazon.com: Scotch Adhesive Putty, Removable 2 oz. (860): Office Products@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Jvw4%2BFzTL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Jvw4%2BFzTL[/ame]

EDIT:

I would probably use this though

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Scotch%C2%AE-Removable-DoubleSided-Dispenser-667/dp/B00006IF63"]Amazon.com: Scotch® Removable DoubleSided Tape 3/4 inch x 400 inches Dispenser (667): Office Products@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51xy-f4KCbL.@@AMEPARAM@@51xy-f4KCbL[/ame]
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Haven't even tried mine with Traktor yet, but I will eventually!
    How is the pitch control knob? I was curious how this would perform

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    How is the pitch control knob? I was curious how this would perform
    It's great in ITCH, I can tell you that much. I'm actually amazed it's taken this long for a controller to come out with an endless relative pitch control, it just makes sense.

Drool. want so bad.

Twitch --> mixer <-- 1200 for scratching

Win.

If only I could scratch. I suppose technically I could also run SSL and ITCH in parallel if I wanted to. Hmmm... possibilities.

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast