Traktor: Switching to external/mixer setup from internal/controller... settings?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor: Switching to external/mixer setup from internal/controller... settings?

...looking at switching to 2x X1 Mk2's & a hardware mixer (probably with internal sound card, something like A&H DB4), from a controller/internal mixing/external sound card set-up.

In my current set-up, mixer prefs have been set to: Enable Autogain on, Enable Limiter on, headroom set at -6db.

I'm guessing when mixing externally I'm more likely to be manually controlling gain with the mixer controls like in a traditional decks/CDJ set-up, so imagine Traktor's Autogain/Limiter should be turned off? Any tips on Headroom settings? anything else I should be aware of??

Thanks in advance

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Welcome.

When mixing externally you cannot select the headroom, it is fixed at -3db.
    As for the Limiter and AutoGain, that is your choice. I never use the Traktor Limiter, I don't like it but I always use AutoGain just don't rely on it alone.

Tech Wizard

..hi Karlos

OK, didn't realise that re- the headroom, one less thing to think about!

Having experimented a bit, I'm not keen on using the Limiter either.. will have a play with AutoGain, I do tend to tweak file levels to get consistency before I add them, so maybe that's superfluous too

..thanks for the reply