Which Audio-Interface to use? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    I may as well ask here too. Looking for an audio interface for production but also may want to use a DVS setup eventually. Is a Komplete 6 the option for me?

I'd go for for a Focusrite or Akai eie otherwise I think.
    Focusrite Scarlette is amazing especially if you have microphones and all that good shit going in to them. I'm not sure about the Presonus FireBox, however, Presonus are known to be strongly built.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by margsenjo View Post
    I am not planning to start serious producing in the midterm future but I was just wondering if there is a way to channel two sources through the Traktor S4. I.e. I would love to have my speakers connected to my DJ Setup plus my standalone tower PC at the sime time. I guess I'd need an amplifier or something for that?

Thanks for your replies guys, I am quite a noob in these things still
    The best thing to do if you want all your audio sources to come out of the same monitors is buy a studio mixer. You can get a cheap Behringer that you can route everything into. If you want to record on the PC you will ideally need a USB mixer that can send anything going into the mixer to the PC via USB.

You can use 2 Traktor decks as Live Input decks and play audio through them but you will need Traktor running and to honest this is not a good solution.

As you already have a soundcard in the S4 I'd look at mixers. Just get something small with enough ins/out. You can get a powered mixer that has an amp built in but as you have active monitors you don't need an amp.

Make sure to look for mixers with lots of stereo inputs not just XLR inputs.

I have an Allen & Heath Zed 14. Not cheap but a good model to compare for features.

I had 2 x Traktor systems (S4 on its own / S4 with decks), desktop PC, Mac Mini running into the mixer and out back into the Mac.
    ...but then I got bored and sold stuff to buy more guitar FX pedals

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Crisis View Post
    I'm not sure about the Presonus FireBox, however, Presonus are known to be strongly built.
    The FireBox is the single greatest soundcard I have ever owned. Period.
    Better than the newer FireStudio M that I have also had.

Tech Convert

Cheers for your replies guys, I'll just plug in the monitors through my S4 at first.

However I've come to another question in regard to the monitors now.

I was inclined to buy the Nubert Nu-Pro A20 but've now seen the KRK RP 8 G3 which are at a similar prive level (arnd 250€ here).

Which one would you prefer for just DJing and MAYBE upgrading to producing at some point. Does any of those 2 have the capability of being okish for producing or would you recommend a 3rd, different monitor?

Thx so much

Mark

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot for your replies guys. I will start with using the monitors with my S4 integrated soundcard.

However I will buy the KRK RP8 G3's instead of the Nuberts. Do you think this is a good choice?

How do I plug them into my S4? I just checked the output slots, and it only has an MAIN OUT with 1 cinch slot for red/white and one for a guitar-cable (dont know exactly how it's called in english)

Do I need some kind of hub or anything?

Appreciate ur help

Tech Guru

They are balanced 1/4" TRS outputs. Use two stereo 1/4" cables to connect the KRKs to the S4.

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/wp-cont...le-300x212.png
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12