Ortofon MF7 vs Shure M44-7 cartridge comparison video - with audio
    Tech Mentor

Default Ortofon MF7 vs Shure M44-7 cartridge comparison video - with audio

Hey guys,

I've been using Shure M44-7 carts for a few years now, but their distribution in the UK has been a bit flakey recently.

So a couple of months ago I decided to try something different - Ortofon's MF7, which goes for around the same price as the Shure. And (spoiler alert), I'm pretty impressed.

I've shot a quick video about them here:

Whilst my focus is on DVS performance for myself, I figured it's not right to compare carts without a proper A-B audio test, so there's a link in the description to a downloadable wav file comparing the two.

I'd be interested to know what you guys think, and if any of you have tried the MF7s for yourselves.

Cheers!

Tech Guru

Cheers Chris. The MF7's haven't been on my radar before. Nice to know there's an affordable alternative out there.

Looking at the frequency response I'll probably stick with the Shure cart. Still rip and, to a much lesser extent, play my vinyl.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.