Buying Facebook-Likes / Paying Facebook for Advertisement (Video)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Buying Facebook-Likes / Paying Facebook for Advertisement (Video)

a few days ago someone was asking about buying followers on soundcloud or facebook-likes.

the following video explains really good how it works and how much damage it does to you network and your outreach.

I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Kinda funny, I've gotten probably ten followers or so on soundcloud over the last two or three days, (I guess it started after posting a deep house mix?) which is a big number for me in that timespan, all with minimal followers, and almost all reposting the same songs: Slow Down by Showtek, Summertime Sadness, and No Good by Fedde LeGrand and Sultan.

I don't know what I did to prompt this, but I'm going to assume these are bot followers for some reason and they'll likely slip away in the future.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

Thanks for sharing this! Kind of strange I just registered a page for my musical activity today after having left Facebook for private use last year.

Tech Mentor

I've actually had tons of bots like and unlike my FB page. They seem to come and go, most of the profiles have been based out of the India region. It seems to also happen a lot with Instagram & Twitter.

Very interesting viewing. As someone who occasionally promotes the odd post here and there, that was an eye opener.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

Tech Guru

yea, dont pay for promoting your page, just promote posts...
    that way it dont damage your page as much and, you will get a good amount of actual people to listen to your stuff.
    I mean its a f ed up game out here, some blogs are even making you pay to post your stuff, while they post the big artist stuff for free.
    Same thing for contests "you have to have x amount of listens to be considered for this contest" like where you gonna get these listens?

Tech Mentor

Ha, I just posted this same video in the off topic forum. Yeah promoting posts sounds like the way to go, still kinda seems like a racket to me though. "Pay us to show your content to your fans"
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

Tech Mentor

What I've always wondered is wether of not the companies can figure out whether or not you have paid for the playes on your mix or whatever? It's easy to buy your entrance for a competition that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    What I've always wondered is wether of not the companies can figure out whether or not you have paid for the playes on your mix or whatever? It's easy to buy your entrance for a competition that way...
    It's really obvious most of the time...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    Yeah I think it's obvious too, especially for a local comp where everyone knows how many fans the DJs really have. The bigger question is whether the promoters hosting the competition care...
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast