My Nightmares w/ Traktor. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Last edited by feedbackl00p; 07-29-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Tech Mentor

One word...Serato.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feedbackl00p View Post
    Its not slow at all. If you have a library full of correctly tagged music files that dont have a bunch of garbage downloaded metadata in them, it runs like butter. My library is 250gb and smooth as silk.

Itunes is just a database. Garbage in, garbage out.
    Yep no problems with iTunes here... been using it with Traktor every single day for 8 years

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    One word...Serato.
    Insightful contribution.

any software to convert traktor playlists to serato for pc yet?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yep no problems with iTunes here... been using it with Traktor every single day for 8 years
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    any software to convert traktor playlists to serato for pc yet?
    Can you import standard playlists (.m3u) into serato?? Never used serato, but every other DJ program I have used has this ability. If it does, then just export the playlist from Traktor (Change the output type to m3u, untick the copy songs to destination) and then import into serato.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Tenova View Post
    That's true, but software shouldn't completely wipe those out either. I have Time Machine doing backups now.
    As a software dev, all software has bugs, either known about (not so bad) or not known about (very bad). Somethings as complex as tractor surely does

Don't trust software at all. If you cannot bear to lose something, back it up. Back up backups up. Test your backups. Backups fail, usually the only time you know this is when you try to use them.

Imagine your computer has just died, completely.
    Now go buy a new computer and get it setup exactly as you want, with all your old data and programs within 6 hours. If you cannot do that, your backups are crap.

Whether you think you should have to or not, you do need to backup. Especially if your data is your livlihood

Last edited by feedbackl00p; 07-29-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Tech Convert

this actually will keep me on my toes with traktor though never had experienced said issues besides sound drops when doing a live stream i update whenever theres a new one and haven't had a problem yet (fingers crossed) but this is technology and anything can happen to any of us thanks for the heads up about this

Tech Wizard

UPDATE:

So after hassling the people at the Apple store nonstop, they replaced my computer. I now have a brand new MBP w/ Retina Display, 8GB of RAM running OSX Mavericks.

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED? More issues!

My second night using it, my sound cut out entirely AGAIN. Not only would it cut out, but my entire computer would go unresponsive after it would cut out.

I was using a DIFFERENT controller, new cables, and a new computer. It turns out that NOW, there is an issue that Native Instruments isn't even addressing with the new Macbook Pro's and Traktor.

Here is the thread where a bunch of people are reporting this exact same issue: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...-night.211919/

This thread, has existed since December with no help whatsoever. Now, I'm expecting to go and buy a S4 MK2, despite all of the issues I've had, because apparently this is the magic workaround to this problem.

Additionally, I've had a support ticket in to Native Instruments for three weeks now, and they're dead silent and are ignoring my follow up emails.

Worst software company on the face of the planet. Screwing over royal customers with business critical setups.
    Progressive/Electro/Tech/Deep House DJ/ Producer from Pittsburgh, PA.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast