Timecode with CDJ's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

just puck up a used audio 4 or a6 scratch pak mate. hmu via pm for some help.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    I really don't mean to be rude, but I don't think you're ready to play at clubs yet, you should do some research.

To answer your questions:
    There are videos on youtube which show how to set up HID. I have used neither HID, nor timecode, but I've read that HID feels better.
    If you've done any changes to the club set up, it's your responsibility to clean up after yourself. Similarly, if need the set up change, you need to do it yourself. That's just basic etiquette.
    Give off mate i asked for your advice not if you think im good enough, its a simple question about configuring not if you think my mixing and song selection is good enough. DO the fans and dancers care if you can set up HID mode? No im pretty sure if i had a play around i could get it working, just asking for a rough guide

Tech Guru

Well, mate, I was being polite, but I guess you didn't notice that. I'm pretty sure the crowd will indeed care if you can't set up the CDJs and just stay there in silence. Also, if you're causing discomfort to the other DJs, you won't get booked again.

My advice was genuinely to do some research because playing at a club and playing at home are two very different things, it's not as simple as "seeing the waveforms" and playing good tunes.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Well, mate, I was being polite, but I guess you didn't notice that. I'm pretty sure the crowd will indeed care if you can't set up the CDJs and just stay there in silence. Also, if you're causing discomfort to the other DJs, you won't get booked again.

My advice was genuinely to do some research because playing at a club and playing at home are two very different things, it's not as simple as "seeing the waveforms" and playing good tunes.
    I play out every week, just not with a CDJ set up, like i said id be able to sort it out. How am i ever gunna learn unless i actually DO it gota make that move bruddah

But i take heed on doing research, thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You could get the TA6 package. It's about £230.

Or... bid on an Audio 4 and then get the Timecode Upgrade Kit:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NI-Audio-4...item43c5421b18

If you really want to cover all bases (good quality soundcard plus the ability to use timecode if needed), then this is an absolute steal for an Audio4! Currently at £31 with only 7 hours left!

If I didn't already use Cross for timecode then I would snap this up in an instant!!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12