Stanton St. 150 problem

Default Stanton St. 150 problem

I posted this in general discussion but have had no luck, so I figured I might try here as well.

Recently, one of my St. 150s has started to have a slight delay when starting and stopping. It usually takes well under a second, but now takes almost 1.5 seconds and appears to be kind of winding up when starting and slowing down gradually when stopping.

Upon inspecting the turntable I noticed that the spindle is significantly looser than on my working turntable and appears to be encountering a bit of resistance in one area (it feels and sounds as though it's rubbing against something). I've looked into it on the internet and contacted Stanton, but it appears that this is not a widespread problem and therefore there is not a well known cause and solution.

Does anyone here know what could be causing such a problem and if there is any way to fix it? Has anyone else at least experienced something similar ? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Did you ever lube the spindles ?
    If not, then it's possible that the spindle is damaged...

Looser in what way ? (left to right or up & down)

Are you able to open it up ? (only then you can check the real problem with the spindle)
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

I've already taken it to a shop to be repaired. I haven't gotten it back yet, but over the phone they told me it was a problem with the motor. Not very specific, but I'm sure they'll be able to tell me more once it's fixed.