Traktor: Remix decks/ Loop recorder/ Fx routing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor: Remix decks/ Loop recorder/ Fx routing

Hello,
    there are some really strong features with the remix decks, being able to cue individual slots and so record them independently with the loop recorder is really powerful.
    Likewise being able to apply fx on individual slots only is quite fun.

BUT you can't record with the loop recorder fx applied independently to individual slots...(pre or post fader routing doesn't change anything).
    Does that make sense or is it me who asks for too much or did I miss something?
    I'm running latest version. Loop recorder source is set to 'cue' as that's how I find it the most practical for me

Thanks for any help or insight.
    Last edited by Yul; 02-13-2014 at 06:47 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

I'll try to replicate that tonight when I get home. I haven't had a problem with it previously, but there have been a quite few updates since the last time I recorded a remix deck in the loop recorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Hello,
    there are some really strong features with the remix decks, being able to cue individual slots and so record them independently with the loop recorder is really powerful.

BUT you can't record with the loop recorder fx applied independently to individual slots...(pre or post fader routing doesn't change anything).
    I'm running latest version. Loop recorder source is set to 'cue' as that's how I find it the most practical for me

I never tried that specifically, but my understanding (or assumption to be more accurate) was that Loop Recorder captured anything going over the master out. Can someone confirm this true\false?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Hello,

Works proper in 2.6.6 and 2.6.7 - I can apply and record effects by using 'main' and 'cue'.

Quote Originally Posted by drizden View Post
    I never tried that specifically, but my understanding (or assumption to be more accurate) was that Loop Recorder captured anything going over the master out. Can someone confirm this true\false?
    You can record the main outs, decks with the cue on, or aux.

Works proper in 2.6.6 and 2.6.7 - I can apply and record effects by using 'main' and 'cue'.
    of course yes it works but that's not my point.
    Can you do it on individual slots independently (you can apply fx, you can record the slot but the loop recorder won't take the fx applied)? Here I mean you need to use the individual cue for the slot.

In other words if you have several slots playing at the same time, you can have Fx applied to one specific slot and record that slot only but without the fx which is a dumbing down of the whole process.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Mentor

I was pretty let down by the loop recorder,too. I can't seem to get a workflow that works for it. Recording Scratches seems be limited because you can't record post fader without recording the other track.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Yul, sorry it took so long, but I tested 2.6.3 and 2.6.7. I had no problem recording Fx for individual slots using Cue as the record source for the loop recorder.

Cool thanks for taking the time, I appreciate. But just so I'm sure and we're on the same page. You're using cue as set as the source, and the individual cue slot to define which slot to record, not the channel cue right? And you're applying fx to that slot.

I've just tested again, I cant' have the fx on the recording, it records the slot, not the fx. Post or pre fader.
    Latest mix

Ok, no I used the channel cue. I will try the slot cue in a couple of hours when I get a minute and let you know what I find.

Edit: I also cannot record or even hear the Fx using cue on a slot.

I assume this is just the way things are routed in Traktor.

The loop recorder only records channel output, the channel cue being on just tells it which channel(s) to record.

The slot Fx are active, but the cue output for the slot must be only routed to the headphones by-passing the Fx on the channel and the loop recorder. If you notice, you cannot hear the Fx on the cued slot with the channel volume down, only up.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 02-17-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast