Starting Electo-Swing Club night
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Starting Electo-Swing Club night

Hello All,

New to this forum; its brilliant though to find a place where so many questions I've wondered are being asked. Good to know I'm not alone.

I've been trying unsuccessfully for a couple of months now to land gigs. As such I'm toying with the idea of starting my own club night. At first I'll do a one off, see how it goes and hopefully build from there.

Electro is my first love (think 2manydjs, Erol Alkan, Fake Blood, Ed Banger Recs, Tiga). But have recently been converted to the rapidly growing Electro-Swing scene.

I thought since this is a developing genre, has a lot of novelty appeal in the 20s/30s theme, costumes etc it would be a good market to go for. In particular I thought students would be a good target audience. They like fancy dress, are more open to something different, this would also mean we could also do it through the week (less venue hire costs, and hopefully less competition).

Unfortunately I've only been in London a few months and know very few people, never mind DJ's. I also know little about the general scene i.e. popular/appropriate venues.

So.....if you are a keen DJ in Electro-swing and/or someone who has a decent knowledge of the London clubbing scene and would know good venues please give me a shout. Hopefully we can make this happen.

Peace out

Tech Wizard

There's an electro swing night in Northampton tan by Madame Electique I think. I've been. Find her on Facebook.

i've been doing e-swing parties for like 2 years now in germany.. it's always a nice party with a lot of people getting dressed up (1/2 entry when dressed accordingly ) i'm currently located in canterbury, but havent found a e-swing party here unfortunately..

hit me up, if you have something planned out
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

I cant really help you with getting gigs or anything in london, but I can let you in on that electro swing has been around for ages and it tends to be a gem of a genre, you only bring it out a couple times a year because majority of songs tend to be higher in frequency then most bass music. (always exceptions obviously like cheshire, some jamie berry etc)

Its bippity boppin fun tho!

Quote Originally Posted by basspenetrator View Post
    i've been doing e-swing parties for like 2 years now in germany.. it's always a nice party with a lot of people getting dressed up (1/2 entry when dressed accordingly ) i'm currently located in canterbury, but havent found a e-swing party here unfortunately..

hit me up, if you have something planned out
    Not sure how far Northampton is from London. Would you be interested in helping out at all? Either in terms of organisation or being part of the line up? Where in Germany did you do your e-swing night? I was in Berlin last year and its what got me hooked. I attended my very first electro-swing night there, in Ritter Butzke.

canterbury is like 60 miles from london.. i'll be only staying here until mid april i'm afraid.. organizing something from here could be a little difficult, but hit me up if you need any help.. when it comes to spinning at the party i am totally in.. check my soundcloud for some e-swing mixes..

in germany i'm located in marburg (pretty small town in the north of frankfort)..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

http://www.madame-electrifie.com/

That's the parties I have been too. I only go for the music. And to take photo's

Hey I hope u get your night going! Sounds good! Do u know if there's anything like that happening in Dublin?

i mean no electro swing night is complete without dropping this gem in the mix

i like electro swing because you can swing dance, but if you want to break from your partner you can cut some shapes or even pull some teknotronik because it still rides between 120 and 130 BPM

95 bpm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast