NEWBIE. Just received my S4-MK2 and Rokit 6 G3s. What's the best cables for hook up?

Default NEWBIE. Just received my S4-MK2 and Rokit 6 G3s. What's the best cables for hook up?

I'm planning on going to guitar center after work. Or is there a cheaper solution online somewhere?

Tech Mentor

either RCA's or 1/4" TRS cables
    Done DJ'ing

As far as brand, Neutriks cables are the highest quality at a reasonable price.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Default XLR vs TRS

I've been reading that XLR is the way to go...like the Mogami Golds but to justify the price...ehh? What are the benefits of XLR vs TRS?

for the best quality, grab some 1/4" to xlr's. i suggest monoprice.com. good quality, budget cables with cheap overnite shipping

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    for the best quality, grab some 1/4" to xlr's. i suggest monoprice.com. good quality, budget cables with cheap overnite shipping
    +1 I have my S4 connected via TRS to some M-Audio AV40's only because they don't have XLR inputs but I buy all of my cables from monoprice.com you can buy pretty much any length and the prices are extremely cheap.

Default Xlr

Quote Originally Posted by .saint View Post
    +1 I have my S4 connected via TRS to some M-Audio AV40's only because they don't have XLR inputs but I buy all of my cables from monoprice.com you can buy pretty much any length and the prices are extremely cheap.
    Yeah I've bought all my HDMIs through mono for years now. I grabbed some XLRs from there. Should receive them today. I'll let you all know how that goes.

Thanks for the advice everyone.