Connecting to external speaker

Default Connecting to external speaker

I just got 2 external speakers and a sub woofer from an old surround sound system. They all work when i listen to itunes but im trying to hook up my Numark Mixtrack Pro directly to them.

I have the RCA cables from output 1 going into the speaker system into the CD inputs on the back.

Then in Traktor i have the mixing mode as internal with the output master as HD audio out 1 and HD audio out 2.

When i go to the CD input on the speaker system nothing plays. I've always just used my computer speaker system so i have no idea why this isn't working.. any ideas?

Should i try other inputs on the back of the surround sound? I tryd the multi channel input also and it doesn't work.

Tech Guru

Can you post a screenshot of your Traktor Output Routing?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

HD Audio Out is the problem. That sounds a lot like your internal soundcard. Choose the correct outs from the Mixtrack Pro.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

'HD Audio Out' sounds a lot like the internal soundcard of your computer's graphics card's HDMI interface, which in my opinion is quite useless in this situation (unless you wanna hear your stuff coming out of a TV...). Traktor has to 'see' the Mix Track Pro's Master Out stereo pair.