QuickTag V1.0 for Mac Now Available! (it's FREE)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Default QuickTag V1.0 for Mac Now Available! (it's FREE)

QuickTag V1.0 is now available for download (it's FREE, and open-source).

This is a small Mac application I wrote that runs alongside iTunes to help with the tedious process of organizing my DJ library.

PS: Thank you to those that beta-tested the application. Your feedback was very helpful!

What does it do?
    QuickTag allows you to create a custom list of your own Genres, Categories, and Attributes for music in your collection. You play a track in iTunes, listen to it, and then in QuickTag select the appropriate genre for the track, a star rating, a category, and tick off however many attributes you would like.

Click "Apply", and the tags are updated for the track in iTunes (QuickTag uses the Genre and Comments ID3 tag fields).

Example Usage:
    Lets say you listen to a track you downloaded from Beatport. The track will probably only have the genre ID3 tag set, lets say it's set to "Prog House".

You may prefer to use the full name "Progressive House" instead of the abbreviated version, or maybe you think it's really "Tech House" instead, so you click off one of those genres from your custom genre list.

You can then rate the track as you see fit, it it 5-star awesome, or 3-star solid?

Then you pick a category: Maybe you have categories for "main room", "lounge", or maybe you use category for sub-genres. Whatever you like, you can select 1 of 8 categories.

You can then specify some track attributes. Perhaps you want to tag tracks that have vocals? Click off vocal. Is the track dark or deep? Click off those attributes. You can configure up to 18 track attributes.

The tags are written with delimiters (which are configurable), and each tag item uses a different delimiter (or you can configure them all to be the same, it's up to you).

What are the delimiters for? Let's say you create a smart-playlist in iTunes for searching for music you tagged with QuickTag as "House", you would search for the value "(House)", instead of just "House". The delimiters make your searches more specific.

Give it a try!

Download Link:
    http://www.quicktagapp.com/

GitHub Link (for the source code, opening issues, etc.):
    https://github.com/Ryan0751/QuickTag

Screenshots:

Last edited by Ryan Ruel; 02-17-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Fixed links and updated to new website.

Looks nice. I'd fix the typo in the screenshot, though ("Glithcy")
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    LOL. I'll have to work on that for 1.1.

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Fixed it

New website is up too.

Quick question, The apply button doesn't appear on my screen, I've tried resizing, moving the dock etc but it's like I can't make it big enough.

I'm using a Macbook Pro Retina... Any ideas?

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    Quick question, The apply button doesn't appear on my screen, I've tried resizing, moving the dock etc but it's like I can't make it big enough.

I'm using a Macbook Pro Retina... Any ideas?
    Hmm, that's strange. I'm also on a Macbook Pro Retina (15"). Do you mind taking a screen shot and sending in a private message?

Nice job. This looks like a useful little app.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Just an FYI, QuickTag v1.1 is now up on the Mac App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quic...26483889?mt=12

Tech Wizard

I just tried 1.0. Great job! What I'm missing is the ability to use only the keyboard. For example using the tab to jump also to the buttons and using then enter. The reason behind, I,m using Actions for iPad normally and it would be to implement that in a futures release. Also it would be great to assign also the stars in your app..

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    I just tried 1.0. Great job! What I'm missing is the ability to use only the keyboard. For example using the tab to jump also to the buttons and using then enter. The reason behind, I,m using Actions for iPad normally and it would be to implement that in a futures release. Also it would be great to assign also the stars in your app..
    Keyboard shortcuts are a great idea! I'll add it to the "to do".

FYI, 1.1 is now up on the Mac App store. I still have to update the regular site. It has a few small bug fixes in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast