Rekordbox/2000 Nexus advice needed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rekordbox/2000 Nexus advice needed

Hello,

I'm playing next week using 2XCDJ2000 Nexus + a non Pioneer Mixer (I can't remember which)

I have my music library all analysed on Rekord Box and imported onto memory sticks. Is it fairly straight forward for me to use the beatsync function? That is assuming I have the 2 decks linked up with a LAN cable? It would also be desirable not to have to get a laptop/software thrown into the equation.

If so can anyone talk me through what I have to do? As up until now I've only used my home setup: CDJ900 + DJM700.

Can I also be spared the various "DJ properly without syncing etc etc" comments. I do realise this is a cop out. I've arsed up plenty times before using unfamiliar gear and just want things to go smoothly. Sadly I'm not as good a DJ as I wish I was.

ANY help would be most appreciated. Thanks

My only advice is to learn the art before showcasing yourself. You have the equipment at home, why not learn to use it fully? Why are you rushing?

It's not what you want to hear, but I'm sorry.

You're right. Its not really what I want to hear. Its for an internet radio station and I'm just crap under pressure. Thats why I want to make the transition as easy as possible. I can DJ fine on my own gear, at home. At present I'm just not the best on different hardware. I need to make the leap sometime though

I think you can do it if you play tunes you're familiar with.

Tech Guru

Do anything, but don't go there relying ONLY on rekordbox' sync!

You already have a CDJ-900, at a no-sync state it works exacly the same as a CDJ-2000Nexus.

Train.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

thanks. TBH its not really the decks I'm concerned about, its more little things on the mixer that I'm concerned I'll trip up on

Tech Guru

Well, go to google and get a photo of the mixer you will be using next week and take a close look at the buttons.

Don't use something you don't know for sure how works.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

You need to manually tweak your beatgrids in Rekordbox to get Sync to work reliably, since Rekordbox is pretty terrible at setting grids automatically. If you can mix on your 900s you'll be fine though.

I'm guessing the mixer will be decent if it's being paired with the Nexuses.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Might be a Xone mixer if anything... All you need to worry about are your volume faders and your EQ/gains which work pretty much the same as every other mixer. No need to worry about the other shit on it because you won't use it.

Tech Guru

The headphone cue section is one area that can vary a lot between mixers.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast