@ Those with a second Kontrol X1 MK2 - what do you use yours for?

Default @ Those with a second Kontrol X1 MK2 - what do you use yours for?

Easy all!

Although I only intended to acquire a single Kontrol X1 MK2 for my setup, I've just happened upon another and am starting to consider the many ways in which I could use it to my benefit. For those who use a pair of these things, I'd be interested to know what you find most beneficial?

The most obvious choice is running an extra coupla decks, of course, but I was wondering if it might be worth my while using at least half of the second unit for custom mappings too. I've already clocked a finer degree of control over tempo shift would be handy use for one of the spare knobs, as would be the option to switch back to relative/absolute mode (I'm using CDJ's in conjunction with my controllers). Alternatively, I might just fully assign all of the controls on each X1 to a single deck, but it would be a bit of a waste!

Would be keen to hear your input - searched for all mapping threads before, but didn't find anything specifically on usage for a spare X1.

Tech Mentor

not sure on a second mk2,as i have a Mk1 and a Mk2. I use Mk2 for deck control, and i use my second X1 for remix deck control, (i have it fully mapped out)
    Done DJ'ing

Tech Mentor

I just recently won a DJ contest which got me another X1 mk2 and I'm wondering the same thing. (Anyone wanna hear my winning set? lol)

so what I'm trying to do is like place 1 x1 next to each turntable and have the first X1 on my left turntable control Decks C & A and the second one on the right to control B & D so that each deck contols are right next to each corresponding deck. Good idea y/n?

I'd love to hear your set! And your idea for the X1s is what I think most DJs use 2 for. Felix Da Housecat has the same setup minus the turntables

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    not sure on a second mk2,as i have a Mk1 and a Mk2. I use Mk2 for deck control, and i use my second X1 for remix deck control, (i have it fully mapped out)
    You fancy sharing your mk1 mapping?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

Yea, I'd be more and happy to as soon as i take out some kinks, and Duplicated it for Deck D
    Done DJ'ing

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by smirge View Post
    Easy all!

The most obvious choice is running an extra coupla decks, of course, but I was wondering if it might be worth my while using at least half of the second unit for custom mappings too.

I have a second X1 on the way. I plan to use one half to control Deck C (which is my Acapella deck) and then the other half mapped to remix deck control. I've yet to figure out exactly how I'm going to map the buttons, but I figure that I can have control over at least 2 samples in each row with the 8 buttons on the X1. The Encoders will be for scrolling (up/down and left/right). I'm pretty sure I'll keep the knobs mapped to fx control.