Behringer CMD MM-1 Problems

Default Behringer CMD MM-1 Problems

I recently purchased a Behringer CMD MM-1 to use as a performance mixer/controller. I am having some problems with the unit and I'm not getting an answer from the Music Group's Care department so I'm asking here to see if there's maybe something simple I can do to get this thing working correctly.

The deal is this:
    - I've attempted to use the unit with both Ableton 8.4.2 and the included Decakdance software. I am using the Ableton remote script provided by Behringer through their website

- The MM-1 is selectable under both pieces of software, input and output ports both visible in Ableton

- In Ableton I can manually map the controls and the script is selectable in the midi prefs menu

- Deckadance detects the MM-1 and appears to automatically map all controls correctly

So the unit itself appears to be working correctly on a basic level, but I am having the following problems with it

- The Ableton script doesn't appear to actually do anything - no blue hand or red box, no LED feedback, no automatic mapping
    - No LED feedback in Deckadance

Any advice is appreciated!

Tech Guru

If you've verified that the unit is indeed sending MIDI, then it should work with the script. My guess is that you've not installed the script correctly. Did you follow the instructions in the included PDF? Also, let us know what OS you're using.

Windows 7 and I followed the instructions on the pdf so the script is located in c:\program files\ableton\live 8\resources\midi remote scripts\CMD MM-1 Ableton Live Script\CMD_MM1. I've also tried just placing the CMD_MM1 folder in the remote scripts folder and had the same problem.

Default Same issues

Did you find a solution to this problem? I have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by pulseharmonics View Post
    Windows 7 and I followed the instructions on the pdf so the script is located in c:\program files\ableton\live 8\resources\midi remote scripts\CMD MM-1 Ableton Live Script\CMD_MM1. I've also tried just placing the CMD_MM1 folder in the remote scripts folder and had the same problem.