Flux Mode + Looping + X1 MK2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Flux Mode + Looping + X1 MK2

Hey guys,

Just got an X1 MK2 and I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a bug. Has anyone else had problems while using the loop functions with flux mode? When entering flux mode and then proceeding to use the loop function for a nice build, it doesn't always set the loop in time with when I press the button. It makes it very hard to do a build when I press to set the loop in flux mode and then it sets it a couple of beats ahead of where I'm at in the music.

I looked in the traktor forums and this was apparently a problem when first introduced and it seems that it has been fixed. Does anyone have any idea how I can go about this?

Thanks

You might have quantize or snap enabled. Check at the top of the screen, there should be an "S" button, and a "Q" button. Disable them both. That is the only reason I can think of for why that would happen.

Actually you would want snap on, if you have your tracks gridded correctly, to have the loop on beat.
    However, if you don't grid your tracks the you would want it off.

Not sure why flux would cause the problem though, if it works correctly with flux off.

Tech Wizard

I have snap on. Quantize off. The grids are all set on my tracks. When flux isn't enabled, when I click to set loops its fine. The problem only arises after I have turned flux on and then the loops become misplaced and don't set exactly where I clicked to place them.

I should have mention this before as well - it's only 1 and below. For 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1 cause trouble while using flux.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I appreciate the help, but I'm still experiencing the problem.

Just to be clear, you want the loop to start on the grid marker. Your problem is that the loop is set a beat ahead of when you engaged it. Correct?

If yes, then I haven't a clue, lol. You can always preset a loop as a cue point to work around the problem.

I tried to replicate your issue, but I didn't have any problems as you are describing. It may have to do with the NI HID map? try deleting and reinstalling the X1
    Last edited by VanGogo; 02-16-2014 at 01:53 AM.

Tech Wizard

Okay I'll have a go at that. But yes that's the problem. Not always a beat ahead. Sometimes it's on the marker. Sometimes behind. Sometimes ahead. It has been spotty and random. There are sessions when it is perfect and others when it goes crazy.

I'll try reinstalling it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tech Wizard

I'm facing a problem as well. On my end, The looper doesn't work when the flux mode is on. When i press the encoder to loop i see the "green colour/loop active" indication on my screen but it vanishes within a second & doesn't work. What do you guys think is going wrong ?

Another query since we'r on a X1 Mk2 Thread. I want to use the touchstrip for Effects, so does this mean i'll have to go to MIDI Mode & create a new mapping for it or is it possible to map it while in the HID mode ?

Flux and Looping has some WEIRD behaviour. I wanted to create build ups bu halfing loops (by moving the end point), and I got into a terrible state trying to get Flux mode to work!!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

When flux is activated make sure you are holding down the loop button. You cannot simply set the loop. When flux is on you need to continue holding down the loop function.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Flux and Looping has some WEIRD behaviour. I wanted to create build ups bu halfing loops (by moving the end point), and I got into a terrible state trying to get Flux mode to work!!!!
    I'm starting to give up too. Something is screwy with the functionality. If I figure something out I'll post it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast