Does my laptop soundcard support 2 channels?

Default Does my laptop soundcard support 2 channels?

Hello,

I am using Dell Latitude E6410, and using Traktor 2.5 to make mix. I don't have external controller, so I use the keyboard. What surprised me recently was that I can listen to 2 channels from my laptop: that is, I can prelisten to songs before playing them in the mix. My laptop's soundcard is Intel HDA. In this setup, my main output would be external speakers, and my monitor output would be laptop speakers -- not that convenient, but better than nothing. How come that is possible? Does the laptop's soundcard support 2 sound outputs??

My main problem, though, is not being able to use this 2 outputs while using ASIO4ALL. Any idea how to do it with ASIO4ALL?

I would really appreciate your answer on this topic, since I have spent days on it trying to understand myself, but no avail.

Thanks
    Tecchh

You need an audiointerface like the Native Instruments Audio 2, or something like this:

http://goo.gl/OV20jO

If you take the adapter you simply configure the main output to "left" and your cue-output to the "right" channel of your integrated soundcard.
    DJing: Traktor Pro 2 | NI Audio 8 | NI X1 | Pioneer DJM 250 | Technics SL-1200 MK2 | Mashine Mikro MK2
    Sound: Fame 5080AM Monitors | 2x DIY Speaker | Technics RP-DJ1210 Headphones

4eoN, thanks for the reply. But this is not quite an answer to my question. I know about NI Audio 2, though this is not something I would like to have because I would like to keep the sound output stereo on both outputs. Since I am able to listen and monitor (both stereo) when not using ASIO4ALL, I was wondering is there a way to do it with ASIO4ALL as well. I want to use ASIO4ALL because otherwise the music sounds a bit glitchy sometimes.

Sorry that I confused 2 channels with 2 outputs. So, what I wanted to mean actually is 4 channel output -- 2 channel for monitor, and 2 channel for main/master.

p.s. nice profile pic, btw.. my fav plastikman