Does Traktor work with AMD processors?
    Tech Convert

Default Does Traktor work with AMD processors?

Hey all. Im going to be replacing my hp laptop soon and i am looking at buying this one http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V5...MKK_B00FNPD1WG But I hear that Traktor isnt as reliable on AMD processors as it is with intel's. Does anyone know if this laptop will be able to run traktor?

From what Ive read Traktor works OK with AMD machines. Its Serato that has the issues with them.

I Used an AMD Quad core processor in a samsung laptop with traktor for 2 years, and i did your basic windows setup like disabling aero and not using wifi an blutooth while traktor was on and it served me pretty well tbh.
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

Honestly, i have used a amd laptop for djing and when i did the thing got so hot i started having issues, for the budget your quoting i would say look about for something like a lenovo G500. like this one
    http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/essential/g-series/g500/
    I have it, it is small, powerful, light, and sturdy. the only complaint i have about it is that it only has 3 usb ports. how ever, use a few powered hubs and you can get around that problem. Also, I come from a pc repair background and from that, i have learned that acer's have a bad tendency of overheating, catching fire, and all sorts of other bad things. also their failure rate is rather high compared to lenovo. couple that with an amd processor that has a tendency to run a bit on the hot side and you are asking for problems.

Tech Convert

thank you all for your input! I am actually looking into the HP envy 15 at the moment. Same specs as the acer with the amd, but has 16 gb of ram and i already have a hp warranty i can probably transfer over. Hopefully this one wont heat up too much!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGee View Post
    thank you all for your input! I am actually looking into the HP envy 15 at the moment. Same specs as the acer with the amd, but has 16 gb of ram and i already have a hp warranty i can probably transfer over. Hopefully this one wont heat up too much!
    Dont do it. If there is one company more prone to overheating than acer it is HP. The 16gb of ram and the hp exteded warranty are not worth it. You are better off getting a lenovo with an intel. Also, you dont need 16 GB of ram. Windows and dj program on the face of the earth will run fine with 4 to 8 gb. also, a ram upgrade is cheap. It is not in your best interest to buy a hp.