Help with Lebowski Themed Playlist...

Default Help with Lebowski Themed Playlist...

I have been tapped to DJ a Big Lebowski themed party. There will be burlesque dancers performing Lebowski themed routines and a costume contest as well. As excited as I am to be DJing this event I am having a bit of a struggle determining what kinds of music I should play after the movie that will keep people around and dancing. Being that this is a particular sort of crowd I'd assume they would not be interested in a solely Top 40 playlist. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DJ Meraki

The Eagles!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Yes, I will be using songs from the Lebowski Soundtrack. What I need are suggestions on where to go from there.

Tech Student

I don't know how appropriate his tunes are for dancing, but Jeff Bridges has a band... It might be worth checking to see if any of their stuff is available and playable.

oh man being a huge lebowski fan this sounds awesome.

Throw some creedence in there, and of course Kenny Rogers - just stopped in to see what condition my condition was in.

I can imagine creating interesting atmosphere with that vocal track that's playing in the scene where Julianne Moore is painting and Dude walks into her studio. But that's some out there stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    lmao nice 1