Need Help: Load next track + Select Hotcue + Play Hotcue + Sync (all with 1 button)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Unhappy Need Help: Load next track + Select Hotcue + Play Hotcue + Sync (all with 1 button)

Hello All,

I've been trying to figure this out for quiet some time with zero positive results. I've scorrned the the net and the forum for tips, but came back empty handed each time. So asking for your help

The problem Statement:
    Replicate what DJ Sleeper is doing in this video:

Notice how he's using Serato with a little white controller attached to the right turn-table; with this he's able:
    1) load the next track
    2) select a hotcue
    3) play the hotcue
    4) sync to the track that's already playing

ALL this with the click of ONE controller button/key.

While trying to replicate this on the computer keyboard and M-Audio Trigger Finger, I can successfully:
    - select a hotcue
    - play the hotcue
    - sunc to the track that's already playing
    BUT when I add the "LOAD NEXT TRACK" into the mix on the same key/pad, the only thing it will do is load the next track and not play anything.

This is sooooo frustrating.

Advice?

Have load work when you press down on the button, for everything else check the "invert" box so the cue select/play/sync will happen when you release the button.

Tech Convert

Default No luck

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Have load work when you press down on the button, for everything else check the "invert" box so the cue select/play/sync will happen when you release the button.
    VanGogo - Tried what you said. Still same problem - The next track will load but:
    - sometimes it'll begin Playing
    - it never plays on the selected hotcue; rather plays at the beginning of the track (bottom white triangle)

Can you make a TSI file and map it to a key on the computer keyboard?

Isn't that the DJTT Limited Edition (White) Dicers?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Isn't that the DJTT Limited Edition (White) Dicers?
    Sure seems like it. I figure if he can use it with Serato - there's gotta be a way to make it happen with Traktor; It seems like such a simple mapping to do. Anyone that can create a simple mapping would be highly appreciated

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

SurajOm, Have you figured a load cue markers?

You should be able to achieve all of this without any button inverting if you previously "arm" all your tracks with some load markers.

Tech Convert

Stewe,

Here's what I figured out. For some reason, when I load my track it's suppose to load to Hotcue 1, rather it's loading to the start of the song (indicated by the white triangle - see image.) Now when I play the track and then click "Hotcue 1" it shifts that load marker (I think this is the load marker triangle) to where Hotcue 1 is set (which on all my tracks is beat 1.)

Anyway to have the white load triangle load to Hotcue 1 when the track is loaded?
    Load Marker.jpg

Untitled 123.jpg

Simply set your load marker (cue#2) at the same beat where your grid marker (cue#1) is sitting.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Untitled 123.jpg

Simply set your load marker (cue#2) at the same beat where your grid marker (cue#1) is sitting.
    So every track needs a grid marker and a load marker? I'm trying to reduce one of the markers so that I can squeeze in another hottie.

Yup, that's the "easy way"

If you're used to spread all 8 triggers you can add more points (up to 32) and set one of them as a load point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast