Any early adopters of Traktor 2.6.8? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I certainly agree that the grass isn't always greener, Karlos.

That's why, despite having fallen for Traktor in a big way, I still keep a foot on both platforms.

Both companies have their quirks, for sure.

As for updating, I always do it immediately; I trust that the beta testers will have found any show-stoppers.

Of course, I do a full clone of my system using SuperDuper before that, though...

Is the metadata sync back with 2.6.8?

I upgraded last night. First thing traktor did on me after playing 3 songs was crash, and I don't mean a stutter. I mean completely close down the application. I had nothing else running. Its actually the first time Traktor has ever done that to me. I was counting my blessing this was at home and not out.

I've lerbd never to update traaktor ubti the udte has been out for a month. Its nice to know exactly what to expect. If their cu of continue to increase with each update like it has I will be seeking a new DJ platform soon. 2.6.7 brought with it a 15mb ram and 20% CPU increase average on a 4 machibes we have in the house. Multi core processor support also causes it to crash one both our laptops running win7 .
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

I rolled back to 2.6.4. I'm not updating until they get the metadata sync back. TDJ and Traktor have been a disaster lately.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    I've lerbd never to update traaktor ubti the udte has been out for a month. Its nice to know exactly what to expect. If their cu of continue to increase with each update like it has I will be seeking a new DJ platform soon. 2.6.7 brought with it a 15mb ram and 20% CPU increase average on a 4 machibes we have in the house. Multi core processor support also causes it to crash one both our laptops running win7 .
    I just updated to 2.6.8 and am already seeing 10-15% more CPU load.
    Kontrol S2 Mk1 + iPhone Lemur + PC

Tech Mentor

I had planned to use SDJ for my gig yesterday, but after reading these reports I fired up 2.6.8 for the first couple of hours.

I'm pleased to report no issues.

Then rebooted, hooked up my SX for the rest of the night, and had a crash with SDJ 1.6 for the first time ever! You win some, you lose some...

Just don't upgrade to 2.6.8. Don't say I didn't warn you.

With 2.6.8 I had major problems. I also had the CPU jump described above (I never had any in the past, considering I have a quad-core MBP). I had problems with loops that would miss beats and go out of beatmatch (I generally don't use sync, quantize, or snap). I had strange static once in a while. All kinds of mess with this version.

I did notice the looping issue would fix itself if I turned on Sync. Though that is rubbish and not a solution.

I have to give it to Native Instruments though. They backup everything, including the app for you automatically. It was super simple to roll back to 2.6.7. 2.6.7 is not perfect, but 2.6.8 is so bad I couldn't even mix for fun let alone a gig with it.

Good luck

P.S. I even renamed my .TSI file to see if I started over with a new .TSI if it would get better. Nope. Same issue with loops skipping out of beat. At this point I went right to my backup of 2.6.7. Loaded it up and bam, problems were gone immediately.
    Last edited by ClrCreekRdr; 03-01-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Here's my recommendation as an IT guy that's been working in the industry for twenty years developing software:

give any release at least a month for people to find bugs and see if you can live with those bugs, because software by its very nature is going to have bugs. You'll see all kinds of reports of the bugs in the first month or two, and you can then decide if you can live with those or not. The only reason IMO for anyone to update to a new software version when it first comes out is if a bug is fixed that leaves you completely dead in the water. And even in those situations, tread very carefully.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClrCreekRdr View Post
    Just don't upgrade to 2.6.8. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    If you are back on 2.6.7 then I hope you are not using m4a files. For anyone using m4a files the above statement should be ignored. Don't say I didn't warn you.

With 2.6.8 I had major problems. I also had the CPU jump described above (I never had any in the past, considering I have a quad-core MBP).
    As I asked the previous poster, where are you seeing the "CPU jump", in Task/Activity Mon or in the Traktor header.
    Having a Quad core isn't gonna help. Traktor won't make use of it.
    Mac or Windows ? Have you optimised your laptop if it's Win.

I had problems with loops that would miss beats and go out of beatmatch (I generally don't use sync, quantize, or snap). I had strange static once in a while. All kinds of mess with this version.
    I did notice the looping issue would fix itself if I turned on Sync. Though that is rubbish and not a solution.
    I don't understand this point.
    How can a loop "miss beats" a loop length is determined by the bpm that Traktor has detected. If the bpm is correct and the track has a steady bpm the loop will be perfect, it does not matter if sync or snap are enabled but if you want loops to loop on the beat then snap is essential.
    If you turn sync on and a track loops perfectly then the bpm detection is correct thus your loops should be perfect without sync. Your point about engaging sync does not make any sense to me.

Are you using timecode or controller. How are you beatmatching? Manually without sync or snap on? If so and, if your bpms are correct and you are not using sync then it's just down to your skill as a DJ to make 2 tracks loop in properly.

I'd like to see a clip of a loop "missing a beat". I am lost as to how a loop can miss a beat..?

Did you check to see if all your settings were the same in 2.6.8?
    Do you grid your tracks manually or use AutoGrids or no grids at all. I would imagine if you are not using sync that you do not grid your tracks.

P.S. I even renamed my .TSI file to see if I started over with a new .TSI if it would get better. Nope. Same issue with loops skipping out of beat. At this point I went right to my backup of 2.6.7. Loaded it up and bam, problems were gone immediately.
    This needs some clarification please.
    First off, renaming a tsi will not change it. It's still the same tsi just with another name. I trust you mean your user tsi which is just controller mappings? If you changed the name of the TraktorSettings.tsi Traktor will just create a new, empty one with the basic settings.

I don't know how a tsi can make your loops "miss beats" unless you have borked your midi assignments. The TraktorSettings.tsi is comprised of the preferences and settings that you make within Traktors preferences dialog. If your tsi is corrupt you need to rebuild it which is why it is wise to save all your user created mappings separately as well as the whole tsi. This way you can add the ones that are not corrupt and rebuild the settings.tsi.

Did you make any changes apart from renaming your tsi in 2.6.8 ? because there were no changes made to Traktor from 2.6.6 to 2.6.8 that could affect loop functionality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast