Any early adopters of Traktor 2.6.8? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

Over 30% of my library is AAC or Apple Lossless files, so seeing 'm4a' in the release notes made me jump especially quick to install this particular update.

This is why detailed release notes are good...

ClrCreekRdr, are you SURE these looping problems aren't also apparent in 2.6.7?

I had MANY occasions where I would load a track in 2.6.7, and the analysed BPM displayed in the library would suddenly be rounded to the nearest whole number in the beatgrid panel on the deck itself. This would throw out all my grids completely.

I could fix it by trashing the grid, then pushing Auto; then the correct BPM would be restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    If you are back on 2.6.7 then I hope you are not using m4a files. For anyone using m4a files the above statement should be ignored. Don't say I didn't warn you.

As I asked the previous poster, where are you seeing the "CPU jump", in Task/Activity Mon or in the Traktor header.
    Having a Quad core isn't gonna help. Traktor won't make use of it.
    Mac or Windows ? Have you optimised your laptop if it's Win.

I don't understand this point.
    How can a loop "miss beats" a loop length is determined by the bpm that Traktor has detected. If the bpm is correct and the track has a steady bpm the loop will be perfect, it does not matter if sync or snap are enabled but if you want loops to loop on the beat then snap is essential.
    If you turn sync on and a track loops perfectly then the bpm detection is correct thus your loops should be perfect without sync. Your point about engaging sync does not make any sense to me.

Are you using timecode or controller. How are you beatmatching? Manually without sync or snap on? If so and, if your bpms are correct and you are not using sync then it's just down to your skill as a DJ to make 2 tracks loop in properly.

I'd like to see a clip of a loop "missing a beat". I am lost as to how a loop can miss a beat..?

Did you check to see if all your settings were the same in 2.6.8?
    Do you grid your tracks manually or use AutoGrids or no grids at all. I would imagine if you are not using sync that you do not grid your tracks.

This needs some clarification please.
    First off, renaming a tsi will not change it. It's still the same tsi just with another name. I trust you mean your user tsi which is just controller mappings? If you changed the name of the TraktorSettings.tsi Traktor will just create a new, empty one with the basic settings.

I don't know how a tsi can make your loops "miss beats" unless you have borked your midi assignments. The TraktorSettings.tsi is comprised of the preferences and settings that you make within Traktors preferences dialog. If your tsi is corrupt you need to rebuild it which is why it is wise to save all your user created mappings separately as well as the whole tsi. This way you can add the ones that are not corrupt and rebuild the settings.tsi.

Did you make any changes apart from renaming your tsi in 2.6.8 ? because there were no changes made to Traktor from 2.6.6 to 2.6.8 that could affect loop functionality.
    Mad respect for you Karlos. I also appreciate the time you took to reply.

I am using OSX. Yeah, and I believe quadcore will help, maybe because Traktor isnt going to utilize the multithreaded capabilities, but rather the rest of the OS is going to be able to take the process queue very efficiently. Anyways, my point was I have a hell of a machine. Spent about $4k on this Macbook Pro. 2.2GHz i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3.

I was hearing the music skip, the interface be laggy, etc. CPU felt super tasked. I tried rebooting a few times (though this is rarely needed in OSX in my opinion). FYI, I even rebooted with WIFI off and left it off the whole time I was testing. I record almost all the time, and all my recordings I was making had skips in the sound and other sound distortions.

Ok, the loop missing beats is a real thing. I can see why you would write what you did, but I know what I saw and heard. Here is what would happen. The loop would be in perfect beat match..... and the beats would be going 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,....and when it would loop back to the 1 it would be like 1......(lag).........2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1 4,15,16. Its like when the loop would be going back to the 1 it would lag/studder on the 1, and then be instantly out of beat. That's the best I can describe it. My beat grids are great and no problems there. I use a Traktor S4 (I am not using timecode here). I could possibly produce a video, but that is quite an effort you are asking there. Do you contribute to NI's development team? If so, then maybe I would be motivated enough to make a video if its really going to help out the product. It's a bonafide issue. Same tracks same exact loops work great by double clicking Traktor 2.6.7 executable from my backup folder VS the instant issues with the 2.6.8 executable.

I grid all my tracks manually (or least I check them, sometimes Traktor detects them right).

I renamed my Traktorsettings.tsi because I have seen many people have reported that this is one of the first things that NI suggests. I don't do anything fancy in my settings and I am not married to them. So I figured why not rename my file and see if it fixes the issue. After renaming it and loading up Traktor, Traktor ran the setup wizard and I had stock settings. For me I only have a few settings I care about: I turn off the phase meter from being displayed, I turn off the BPM from being displayed, I display the KEY, I make it so that a track can't be loaded into a playing deck, I un-assign the cross-fader from any Deck, and I think that's about it.

I made zero changes from 2.6.7 to 2.6.8. I don't know if I made changes since 2.6.6. I might have turned off the display of the BPM meter between 2.6.6 and 2.6.7.

P.S. If it helps, I am actually quite experienced at troubleshooting software. I have been in the IT business since the late 80's. I been a alpha/beta tester of 100's of software. I have also written a fair share of my own code.
    Last edited by ClrCreekRdr; 03-02-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Tech Mentor

I'd like to report that I've just finished a 4-hour gig with 2.6.8, playing to 1000 or so pissed up students, and had no stability or looping issues at all.

That was with my Z2, so I've now performed with 2.6.8 using both that and an A6. All seems well (touch wood).

I did have a little problem with the CDJ controlling deck A being unable to change the pitch (via HID) but I'll need to troubleshoot that to determine if that's hardware or software related. Changing the pitch slider internally in Traktor still worked.

Im not sure if there is a problem but over the weekend i recreated a playlist for all my funky house tracks, all in all there are about 2400 tracks. I set it running to scan async to determine all the bpm's and key's and both times it crashed traktor?? i dont know if ive got a dodgy file causing this or there is a bug within the new version?? it's played fine over the weekend whilst ive been messing on it via timecoded vinyl.
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

I was using my VCI-400 with it at a party this weekend and was having some issues with track tempos changing randomly, with sync enabled for both tracks. Not sure what was going on (but then again I wasn't exactly sober). I'll see if I can replicate it and report back.
    Current Gear: TSP, Macbook Pro, VCI-400, Ipad: Lemur, TDJ, Audio2, V-Moda M-100

Formerly Owned Gear (Feel free to ask opinions): Technics 1200, DJM-600, Midi Fighter Classic, Korg Zero4, Denon DN-X1600, Denon DN-MC6000, V-Moda Crossfade LP, ATH-M50

so far 2.6.8 runs fine!

Default Autogrid issues

Hi guys, I am having the same issues, recently got a new MBPR, i7 1TB SSD 16GB. Traktor 2.6.8 (R382), I use all m4a (AAC) files or AIFF, I am seeing autogrid rounding up to nearest beat. this affects looping as the grid will not be on beat. I have also notices importing a track with a locked beat grid in to tractor for the second time will over write the stripe. This is not right and shows bugs in this release.

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123