Any early adopters of Traktor 2.6.8?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any early adopters of Traktor 2.6.8?

Just wondering if anybody is using it yet or if there's and new bugs that come from using it. I'm loath to upgrade until I see people are using it in real world application.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

Upgrading doesn't remove the old version so you could try it yourself too.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

True but I've taken the stance of waiting a while after each release to see whether it's even worthwhile to clutter my computer with it. I just recently deleted 5 versions of old Traktor updates and with the resent rash of 2.6.blah fixed this but broke that, I'm just a bit gun shy when my current version is working just fine.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Do you need any of the new (few) features in 2.6.8, or are you having problems with 2.6.7? If not, there's your answer. Just wait. Or, add one more version of Traktor to your hard drive so you can test drive it with your specific setup (best way to test it).

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

2.6.8 has a few bug fixes that some people that use m4a files may have encountered. If you are on 2.6.7 I would update to 2.6.8.

I have been gigging with it for the past few weeks with no issues.

Whats new in 2.6.8
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    2.6.8 has a few bug fixes that some people that use m4a files may have encountered. If you are on 2.6.7 I would update to 2.6.8.

I have been gigging with it for the past few weeks with no issues.
    Does it have a 'few', or does it have one, as per the release notes?

I must say, coming from the Serato world, I don't appreciate the vagueness which always seems to accompany NI's releases. IMO it doesn't encourage bug reporting by users, because how would you ever know if your bug actually got fixed?

Tech Mentor

I mean, just compare 2.6.8 with the release notes for SDJ 1.5.2 (also released a month after it's predecessor).

Either NI are not getting much done, or they're choosing to not tell their users what they are doing. I'd prefer it was the former, TBH.

http://serato.com/dj/downloads/1.5.2/releasenotes

Listen - you should NEVER upgrade if you have a working version that you are happy with.

You're asking for trouble. Although, Traktor has a GREAT parallel install process...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojaxx View Post
    I mean, just compare 2.6.8 with the release notes for SDJ 1.5.2 (also released a month after it's predecessor).

Either NI are not getting much done, or they're choosing to not tell their users what they are doing. I'd prefer it was the former, TBH.

http://serato.com/dj/downloads/1.5.2/releasenotes
    I agree that NI can be 'less that transparent' with release notes but that's just the way they are, always have been. They only really release notes on 'show stoppers' like the playlist bug in 2.6.6.
    I agree, I think they should address 'reproducible' bugs and whether they have been fixed and provide more information.

When they release hotfixes like the recent ones in quick succession it's reasonable to assume that they bring little or nothing new and they fix what is broken (supposedly).

What I find odd about that Serato release note is that none of the fixes are software only fixes. They are fixes for 3rd Party Controller Hardware..? It kinda suggests that SDJ's controller implementation is their Achilles heel. There are no software only bug fixes listed (and there will be some) or any for Rane users (which most Serato DJ's are).

I mean, are there 'any' bug fixes on that list relevant to you? If not that release note is of little use if you have previously reported bugs.

It's all well and good certifying all these new controllers but there a lot with issues and I'm not sure "Dicer showing unpredictable behavior" is a particularly descriptive release note.

I am by no means excusing NI and the way they report bug fixes, I agree with the premise that they could do it better.

I'm just not sure the grass is that much greener in New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Listen - you should NEVER upgrade if you have a working version that you are happy with.

You're asking for trouble. Although, Traktor has a GREAT parallel install process...
    You're asking for trouble if you don't upgrade from 2.6.6 or 2.6.7 that's for sure.

The new Controller Editor is important for Kontrol MK2 users (S4/S2/X1) and Z1 users who wish to use midi mode.

This update is a bug fix and stability update. The last few updates have addressed issues and brought issues. I think NI is suffering a kinda backlash because their updates used to bring new features and at a steady rate much more so that Serato or any other software. This plateaued last year but people still expect the same output and are critical when it doesn't materialise.
    There's usually a good reason when NI go quiet or start shoring up the river banks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast