Rekorbox Hot Cues & Cds
    Tech Wizard

Default Rekorbox Hot Cues & Cds

Hi All,

Right, here we go.

I recently purchased a brand new set of CDJ2000 Nexus's and a Xone DB4. :thumb up:

Now, I am only a bedroom dj (at the moment) so my requirements are pretty basic when it comes to organising my music. I use rekordbox, and organise my tunes there, add hot cues etc and export them to a Usb stick, bang it in the cdj2000 and away i go.

i will be playing on a radio station soon (hopefully) and would like to have all my bases covered when i turn up. I have read about problems between old and new cdjs not recognising cues and loops etc.

I saw a video of Armand van Buren with a sd card that had all of his loops and cues saved to it, but he was using cds.

My plan was to burn my collection to cds as a backup, but what i was hoping was that my hot cues etc from rekorbox could be stored on an SD or memory stick and used with the tracks burnt on the cds.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mattalik
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

Tech Guru

Hotcue storing is detailed on page 28 of the Nexus manual, including when using CDs.

You can't use Rekordbox with CDs though.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Hotcue storing is detailed on page 28 of the Nexus manual, including when using CDs.

You can't use Rekordbox with CDs though.
    Thanks for the info.
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

One hell of a setup to buy for being a bedroom DJ, makes me quite jelly.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    One hell of a setup to buy for being a bedroom DJ, makes me quite jelly.
    lol, thanks.

It is quite the setup i know, but in my experience if you buy cheap, you buy twice.
    Thats not the sole reason i went all out though. i have ambitions of playing out, so i thought i would buy whats used in the clubs and bars etc. I have used vinyl for a long time, had a ddj-sx (didn't like it, so sold it on) and so i thought the cdjs were the best option.

thanks,

Matt