Mapping Help with Tempo trick

Default Mapping Help with Tempo trick

Hi guys,

I am a newbie in this world of mapping.

I'd like to mapp something but I can get it right. I'd like to hit and hold a button and increase the tempo of the song by 10% and when I release the button I'd like the tempo to go back to the original bpm. Say that I am playing a song at 100bpm, I hit&hold the button the song jumps to 110bpm and when I release it, it goes back to 100bpm again.

Is it possible?

Any help much appreciated,

Cheers

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You can map only the Master Clock for direct BPM values. In theory I think this is possible but takes come wizardy to create this function. You need to create a virtual midi port and route MIDI back to Traktor and start a series of events. Or use midi pipe to send multiple events in a single button press.

Sync Master Clock to track BPM > Increase Master BPM by 10% > Set Master back to Auto + Reset deck BPM

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You can map only the Master Clock for direct BPM values. In theory I think this is possible but takes come wizardy to create this function. You need to create a virtual midi port and route MIDI back to Traktor and start a series of events. Or use midi pipe to send multiple events in a single button press.

Sync Master Clock to track BPM > Increase Master BPM by 10% > Set Master back to Auto + Reset deck BPM
    Thanks Stewe, it sounds quite pro for me but I'll try to see if I can do it.

Cheers

This is a good question. I will try and get back to you.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Cant' you use set master tempo command / "increase" on push / choose an appropriate resolution... and the same but set as "decrease" with the same resolution on release (inverted).
    or for a specific deck the same idea (tempo adjust command)?
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.