Default Mapping Help with Tempo trick

Hi guys,

I am a newbie in this world of mapping.

I'd like to mapp something but I can get it right. I'd like to hit and hold a button and increase the tempo of the song by 10% and when I release the button I'd like the tempo to go back to the original bpm. Say that I am playing a song at 100bpm, I hit&hold the button the song jumps to 110bpm and when I release it, it goes back to 100bpm again.

Is it possible?

Any help much appreciated,

Cheers

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You can map only the Master Clock for direct BPM values. In theory I think this is possible but takes come wizardy to create this function. You need to create a virtual midi port and route MIDI back to Traktor and start a series of events. Or use midi pipe to send multiple events in a single button press.

Sync Master Clock to track BPM > Increase Master BPM by 10% > Set Master back to Auto + Reset deck BPM

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You can map only the Master Clock for direct BPM values. In theory I think this is possible but takes come wizardy to create this function. You need to create a virtual midi port and route MIDI back to Traktor and start a series of events. Or use midi pipe to send multiple events in a single button press.

Sync Master Clock to track BPM > Increase Master BPM by 10% > Set Master back to Auto + Reset deck BPM
    Thanks Stewe, it sounds quite pro for me but I'll try to see if I can do it.

Cheers

This is a good question. I will try and get back to you.

Cant' you use set master tempo command / "increase" on push / choose an appropriate resolution... and the same but set as "decrease" with the same resolution on release (inverted).
    or for a specific deck the same idea (tempo adjust command)?
    Originally Posted by VOX5505 Enough that I'm not one of the "top DJs"...assuming you mean deadmau5/tiesto etc. But I'm right at the front of the tier right below them...If I wanted to, there are so many "I'm infinitely more successful with music than you'll ever be" cards I could be pulling right now...
    Answer by DigitalDevil You kinda sound like you're full of shit...