What's up with Junodownload.com?
    Schalenberg

Default What's up with Junodownload.com?

Just recently got into browsing DJ charts on Beatport and Traxsource. Usually don't find a whole lot that I like. Today, however, I decided to check out the Junodownload DJ charts. I'm officially in love. You'd think for what the site charges, though, browsing might be a little better/easier/faster. The media player is garbage, and I find the site to be pretty shitty altogether. What gives? Just throwing it out there.
    Last edited by Schalenberg; 03-01-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Tech Mentor

Really? I find it much, much better than Beatport which I find to be an utter eyesore. I don't think I've ever used the media player - is that different from just listening to the samples under the various listings? Can't comment of Traxsource as I've never used it.

Beatport is brilliant for navigation. Juno does seem to have a lot of older obscure stuff on there (i.e. Suburban Base catalogue).
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Juno website is wack... music on there is dope and the curation is sweet

Also i'm all about AIFF for the artwork and shizzle... the mp3 or WAV option on JD is just enough to put me off most of the time.

I'm a lazy mofo
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Juno website is wack... music on there is dope and the curation is sweet

Also i'm all about AIFF for the artwork and shizzle... the mp3 or WAV option on JD is just enough to put me off most of the time.

I'm a lazy mofo
    I agree with this. The Juno website is bollocks but the music is right up my street. Playlists are cool.

Beatplop has terrible music but the website works really well now. It used to be so crap I would never go there and even now I only buy for high-street DJing work purposes, there's nothing I actually like on there (that I have found).

Not fussed about AIFF, I'm fine with Wav or MP3.

I'm very lazy.

The website could be better for sure but it has a good selection of Ghetto Funk, so I use it often.