Need help buying a mixer

Default Need help buying a mixer

Hello, my current setup is, Launchpad, Mixdeck, and soon to be a Traktor F1. I would like to downsize to a smaller mixer, The Mixdeck is to big. I have to questions: Where should I sell the Mixdeck or should I keep it, and what mixer is small and under 150$. I looked at the traktor Z1 but since I am buying the F1 It will cost too much. If you guys could help me that would be much appreciated.

Tech Mentor

We're going to need more info here. Do you have a compatible soundcard that will work with Traktor? (I'm also assuming you're running Traktor, correct me if I'm wrong). A mixer under $150 really isn't likely to be anything amazing in terms of quality, and honestly you're likely better off running the Mixdeck. If you're dead-set on a 2-channel mixer, Try and bump your price range up and look at either the Xone 22 or the DJM-250. If you don't have a scratch license, you'll need one of those as well as a Traktor sound card in order to mix externally.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Guru

If you don't get the Z1, you'll need to buy a sound card too.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sunshine View Post
    If you don't have a scratch license, you'll need one of those as well as a Traktor sound card in order to mix externally.
    You do not need a Scratch license or a Traktor sound card to mix externally.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You do not need a Scratch license or a Traktor sound card to mix externally.
    My apologies, you're correct.

If it was me in your position and I was building a setup strictly for DJing, I'd trade out the Mixdeck and Launchpad for the DJM-250, an F1 and an X1. The F1 gives you the functionality for triggering samples/loops, but it's in a slightly smaller form factor than the Launchpad and integrates seamlessly with Traktor. I don't produce at all, so I'd obviously go with the F1 over the Launchpad, your case may be different. Toss in a good sound card, and your rig will pretty much fit in a backpack.

There's my $0.02, just giving food for thought!
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Thanks for the help I have just bought the X1 and I will later buy the DJM-250. Thanks for the Help!