Looking to add more creativeness in my mixes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Era 7 View Post
    okay, so i'm gonna go ahead and air my probably unpopular opinion on the matter: sometimes less is more. 4 decks is an aweful lot going on already. i'd probably stick to making that sound good.
    I hate to be a buzzkill too, but I have to agree. It's totally fun to mash around with effects and stuff. But spending your time digging for better songs and/or editing existing tracks to suit your sets will make your mixes better in the long run, in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Era 7 View Post
    okay, so i'm gonna go ahead and air my probably unpopular opinion on the matter: sometimes less is more. 4 decks is an aweful lot going on already. i'd probably stick to making that sound good.
    This x 1000. The phrase "simple four deck mixing" is a contradiction of epic proportions (in my opinion).
    http://www.mixcloud.com/CalBearister/
    Technics 1200-MK2; DJM-850; Maschine

Tech Mentor

Stop buying gear and learn to use what you have. Another piece of kit won't make you more creative. The things that matter are in you, not the gear.

Or, buy an F1 to use remix decks. It will take up one of your 4 decks (so you'll still be using the same max number) but will give some more creative options.

But, like everyone is saying, 4 deck mixing of normal tracks sounds like more than enough noise, and a lot to manage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12