Looking to add more creativeness in my mixes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking to add more creativeness in my mixes

Right now I'm doing simple four deck mixing on my S4 MK2.I love it, using the filters and the beatmasher and reverb and gater are fun and all but I'm looking for more. I don't want to over due it but i want something more. What should i get? Midi fighter Spectra?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Or wait a bit for the release of the .

hey Stewe I saw the twister on your desk in one of your recent videos... can you confirm if the the sequencer sends standard midi, and is it only the lower 8 encoders that work as a sequencer or can all the encoders work as a 16 step sequencer, and does it have the extra six buttons on the side like the midi fighter 3D?

sorry to hijack op.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Only the second (parameter) row has a hardware functions. Other knobs do send midi but only the encoders are standard - the buttons send toggle type massage but also a control change. The side buttons are there too as you can see in the vid.

Pressing any of four parameter knobs enters the 16 step sequencer mode for that audio channel (slot) - pressing the middle button brings back the main screen.

haha I just realized the buttons on the side were in the youtube screenshot... That sounds great, I can't believe DJTT were able to squeeze a sequencer into that thing. and it's so great that the triggers for the samples are also the volume for that sound. It will definitely be something that I look at getting to use with VDJ8's improved sampler.

Another question.. Do the encoders send absolute CC like a standard knob "like akai mp* gear" or incremental changes like a normal encoder?

Oh and another question LOL.. when in the sequencer mode does the second row send any midi at all, or is it all internal?

Quote Originally Posted by RileyCimini View Post
    Right now I'm doing simple four deck mixing on my S4 MK2.I love it, using the filters and the beatmasher and reverb and gater are fun and all but I'm looking for more. I don't want to over due it but i want something more. What should i get? Midi fighter Spectra?
    I think finger drumming is a great next step for you to add to your arsenal. I would grab a spectra (or a used classic for that matter) and some MadZ sound packs and start banging. 4 deck mixing with some juggling and finger drumming will get you pretty far with creativity.

synthet1c,

1). The encoders are super adjustable so you can configure multiple encoder modes and sensitivities.

2). Nope this encoders are strictly a hardware thing as I have mention in previous reply.

awesome, thanks for your time Stewe.

Quote Originally Posted by William Gibson View Post
    I think finger drumming is a great next step for you to add to your arsenal. I would grab a spectra (or a used classic for that matter) and some MadZ sound packs and start banging. 4 deck mixing with some juggling and finger drumming will get you pretty far with creativity.

I will definitely look into this, thank you for your reply

okay, so i'm gonna go ahead and air my probably unpopular opinion on the matter: sometimes less is more. 4 decks is an aweful lot going on already. i'd probably stick to making that sound good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast