X1 MK2 not responding to browseing touch after Chroma Cap installation
    Tech Convert

Default X1 MK2 not responding to browseing touch after Chroma Cap installation

After installation some new Chrome Caps my X1 MK2 doesn't respond to touch for the browse feature. I don't think I broke it. Put on original knob and still no response. Settings in Traktor have it not disabled still.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tech Convert

I changed the encoder to a a different one and it is now working. Perhaps the stock encoders are different somehow (browse vs loop encoders).

i changed all my caps on my x1 mk2 awhile back. i too had the problem of the brows encoder not working w/ the Chroma Caps. i just put the stock one back on and it works fine. i think there is some kind of conductive materiel in the oe caps that the Chroma Caps do not have

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJElvisCANADA View Post
    I changed the encoder to a a different one and it is now working. Perhaps the stock encoders are different somehow (browse vs loop encoders).
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic buddha View Post
    i changed all my caps on my x1 mk2 awhile back. i too had the problem of the brows encoder not working w/ the Chroma Caps. i just put the stock one back on and it works fine. i think there is some kind of conductive materiel in the oe caps that the Chroma Caps do not have
    Is the touch sensitivity not working or the entire thing is not working ? I'm planning on buying them so need to know. I'm fine if the touch sensitivity doesn't work as I don't really use it.

Quote Originally Posted by lothar View Post
    Is the touch sensitivity not working or the entire thing is not working ? I'm planning on buying them so need to know. I'm fine if the touch sensitivity doesn't work as I don't really use it.
    the touch sensitivity on the encoder works if u use the stock encoder cap. none of the other knobs have touch sensitivity.

Tech Wizard

the touch sensitivity on the encoder works if u use the stock encoder cap. none of the other knobs have touch sensitivity.
    Didn't get you man. What do you mean by the "Stock Encoder Cap" ? TechTools store shows only two chroma caps options for the X1 MK2. A "Super Knob" & an "Encoder". Will this encoder work fine ?

Didn't get you man. What do you mean by the "Stock Encoder Cap" ? TechTools store shows only two chroma caps options for the X1 MK2. A "Super Knob" & an "Encoder". Will this encoder work fine ?
    stock as in the one that comes w/ the X1. the chroma cap will not work.

Tech Wizard

stock as in the one that comes w/ the X1. the chroma cap will not work.
    Thanks mate, My Original question once again. With the Chroma Caps will the Touch sensitivity not work or the entire function of the knob not work? I don't really need the touch sensitivity feature, Its of no use to me. I'm good to go if the Chroma Caps work as a normal encoder.

Thanks mate, My Original question once again. With the Chroma Caps will the Touch sensitivity not work or the entire function of the knob not work? I don't really need the touch sensitivity feature, Its of no use to me. I'm good to go if the Chroma Caps work as a normal encoder.
    w/ the chroma cap the entire touch function will not work. there is some kind of conductive material in the knob that comes w/ the x1 that makes the touch function work. the chroma caps do not have that material in them. the chroma cap will work as a normal encoder.

Tech Wizard

w/ the chroma cap the entire touch function will not work. there is some kind of conductive material in the knob that comes w/ the x1 that makes the touch function work. the chroma caps do not have that material in them. the chroma cap will work as a normal encoder.
    Thanks man. Guess i'm good to go!