Applying for a club for the first time

Default Applying for a club for the first time

Ill just get right into it, I want to apply at the local club in my area. A little background information on me first. I have been Djing for a year and a few months now and have caught on very fast. I mix electro house and thats what the people in my area are into. Anyway I want to message the clubs Facebook page. I realize an email would be more professional, i have tried this and they did not reply. Is there anything i should include about myself in this message? what should i say to get them to want me. How do i convince them I'm ready? If this helps i'm family friends with a kid who plays there now, should i mention i know him? he's much older than me, he is 23 and I'm 15.

hey riley. first of all welcome to the club.
    my first question is: do they allow under age people playing or partying at this venue?
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    my first question is: do they allow under age people playing or partying at this venue?
    This, and I wouldn't mention anyones name without you talking to them first.

If they'll let underage peeps DJ there, why don't you have your family friend that's already in there try to help get you in by having him talk to the manager/promoter?
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Definitely this, where I'm from, you don't step into a club if you're underage, even if you're a DJ...unless you're a big name...

So before emailing anyone, find out about the laws where you are.

If you're aloud to mix, then use your contact. Ask him to introduce you to whoever books the DJs. Best way to get a gig.

If you're not aloud to mix, then unfortunately you'll have to wait. You can always create your own night though, in a venue where they will allow underage people.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Do you regularly frequent the club and are you a regular face ? If not I would honestly don't expect to play there (yet).

If you ARE getting into the club currently and a regular, then talk to the promoters/management or have your friend introduce you around if he feels you are ready for the next step.

It'd be my last question I've never experienced age being an issue when it came to playing (or partying) at a club IF you are already in the front door and fairly regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Cimini View Post
    Ill just get right into it, I want to apply at the local club in my area. A little background information on me first. I have been Djing for a year and a few months now and have caught on very fast. I mix electro house and thats what the people in my area are into. Anyway I want to message the clubs Facebook page. I realize an email would be more professional, i have tried this and they did not reply. Is there anything i should include about myself in this message? what should i say to get them to want me. How do i convince them I'm ready? If this helps i'm family friends with a kid who plays there now, should i mention i know him? he's much older than me, he is 23 and I'm 15.
    Go for it bro

I was dj-ing in clubs in LDN when I was 15-16 but tbh I kept it to myself.

Regards to yr friend you should ask his permission first, why not ask him to pass a demo for you...?

just checked the clubs website and unfortunately they do not allow 18 and under Djs. I guess this gives me more time to practice and get better

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Do you regularly frequent the club and are you a regular face ? If not I would honestly don't expect to play there (yet).

If you ARE getting into the club currently and a regular, then talk to the promoters/management or have your friend introduce you around if he feels you are ready for the next step.

It'd be my last question I've never experienced age being an issue when it came to playing (or partying) at a club IF you are already in the front door and fairly regular.
    He is 15. He cannot get into any club around here for another 4 years atleast lol

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    He is 15. He cannot get into any club around here for another 4 years atleast lol
    Should not and cannot are very different things