just got a s4 mk 2 from DJTT traktor will not start!! Please help me out

Default just got a s4 mk 2 from DJTT traktor will not start!! Please help me out

So yeah, I just got my S4 this evening, installed the controller following the instruction card, I installed traktor, and now I cannot get it to start. I am running win 7 ultimate, the computer is relatively new (1 month old), I do not use pirated software or anything spurious, and I am running eset smart security as my antivirus/security suite. It's more or less the same exact setup that I had previously except for I am running win7 ultimate as opposed to win 7 vanilla before, please help me out as I'd like to get traktor started doing it's thing on all 2500 or so songs from my previous library. I did look in the task manager and it shows a traktor 2.exe which is taking 0 cpu and 322,xxx mem so it's kinda getting started... again any help is very much appreciated, I JUST WANNA MIX
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

So apparantly traktor is just taking over 10 minutes to start...Nobody has any Ideas?

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

Dude, have you tried the Native Instruments forum/support? DJTT just sells their products. People will be kind enough to help if they can, but this isn't technical support.
    Last edited by jdownesbaird; 03-04-2014 at 09:46 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    So apparantly traktor is just taking over 10 minutes to start...Nobody has any Ideas?
    What is Traktor actually doing?
    How many tracks are in your collection? If you have imported your music folder(s) Traktor will be analysing your tracks. This can take a long time depending on how many tracks you have. You can kill the analysis process by right/ctrl clicking in the Status Bar are the bottom "Remove Analysis Jobs".

Is Traktor open?

Need a lot more info.

Thankyou for the replies, I come here because I know that the community is very helpful.
    Thats the strange thing Karlos, there is nothing imported, this is essentially a fresh install, my old pc and gear got stolen, traktor 2 appears to be open in the task manager, but there is no icon in the taskbar and whatnot, there is no library as of yet as I figured that I would want to get the initial problems with traktor sorted before I started any analysis jobs of any magnitude. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated, any other info I can give I will, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program already, traktor just made me update the firmware for my s4 mk2 from 57 to 65, it pointed me to some device updater program and it ran smoothly, I exited traktor and am now waiting on it to start again. My pc is well beyond the specs for traktor, and I do not overclock, if that matters at all.

It's good that the Updater tool prompted the installation of the new FW.
    What happens if you disconnect the S4 and try to start Traktor?
    Is Traktor still installing or is it stuck? Can you try turning your internet security off. There have been previous problems with virus software preventing Traktor from starting (this was fixed years ago) so it's worth a try.

I disabled my security and disconnected my s4 and still taking forever to load. As far as if traktor is still installing or stuck, I don't believe I had any problems with my install of traktor, everything appeared to be working as intended so I guess it's just incredibly slow to load, again inside task manager there is an process for traktor.exe *32 and it is taking about 300,000 under memory but no cpu but under applications there is no Traktor application open. If there is something else I need to explain please let me know as I am not the most astute pc user there is. Thanks again for the help Karlos

If you are not importing your music folders then Traktor should install in a matter of minutes.
    It needs to reboot your laptop to finish the installation, have you tried rebooting then hitting the desktop icon.

I'm a Mac only guy, my Win knowledge is pretty sketchy.

Nonono, it installed fine, it just kinda hangs for about 10 - 15 minutes when I try to start the program...the program is working fine once it starts, but it just takes way way too long for the program to actually start. I have reboot several times and that does not seem to alleviate the issue

Just a quick update, I set traktor to automatically start in fullscreen mode and it started right up which to my mind means there is some sort of graphics card issue, but that could most definitely be on my end, My problem seems to be more or less solved though. Just figured it may help someone else that is having the same problems.