New bugs in Traktor 2.6.2 causing crash. Any tips?
    Tech Wizard

Default New bugs in Traktor 2.6.2 causing crash. Any tips?

TL;DR: Reformatted laptop, importing and analyzing collection causes crashes. Any help or ideas?

Over the past couple days I have been optimizing my laptop for DJ'ing. I reformatted and installed a fresh copy of Traktor. I imported all 17,000 of my songs into the collection and began analyzing it all.

This is where I have encountered problems. First, Traktor crashed a couple times during the import and when I restarted it, NONE of my tracks were in the collection-- it was empty. After multiple tries I got all of the tracks to import. Next I began to analyze everything, after only a few minutes it crashed again. I have since discovered that if I queue more than ~400 tracks to analyze, Traktor would crash, over and over. I have gotten about 2,000 tracks analyzed now and have since given up.

This is crazy because I had never had Traktor crash before when I had everything unorganized as well as having lots of junk on my laptop. Only when I started fresh am I having these problems.

I am asking for any help, tips, or tricks for my library. I specifically want to know if it is better to analyze none of it, and only have a few thousand songs imported. There is nothing wrong with my laptop, this is isolated to Traktor.

Thanks guys!

*There's more bugs but this seems to be the biggest problem.
    Last edited by DJkl; 03-05-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Have you tried updating Traktor? The latest version is 2.6.8. Which is supposed to help with m4a file problems.
    If it doesn't help, you can always go back to using 2.6.2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Have you tried updating Traktor? The latest version is 2.6.8. Which is supposed to help with m4a file problems.
    If it doesn't help, you can always go back to using 2.6.2
    Thanks for the suggestion Van. I have only ever updated to 2.6.3 ... I am always skeptical of upgrading software because a lot of the time stuff breaks. But this is actually the right thing to do. I bet most of my current problems would be fixed with fully updating. Thanks!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

This not a bug or it would be happening to lots of people.

Please update to the latest version. There has been a lot of focus on testing analysis & collection handling in the latest versions.

This could be caused by many things.
    If Traktor crashes without you performing> Track Collection>Save Collection then all analysis work will be lost. The best thing to do it analyse in batches and do 'save collection' periodically.

Do you have any virus software running or other unnecessary services running as they can cause Traktor to glitch and possibly crash.

You say its not your laptop but it was working before you reinstalled your OS and now Traktor isn't working as well.
    Contrary to you assumption I would say that this suggests that Traktor was working fine and the installation of the OS or your laptop is at fault. If Traktor worked before then Traktor works...no?

What are the other "bugs"..?