Replacing the Browser Knob on the DDJ-SX
    Tech Mentor

Default Replacing the Browser Knob on the DDJ-SX

Hi guys,

last week I've purchased some Chroma Knobs for my SX. Fitted most of 'em, so far so good! However, I can't seem to pull of the browser knob (the big one that lets you scroll through your music folders). Doesn't work when I try it with two hands, doesn't work when my much stronger housemate tries it.

Does anyone know how to do this? I'm afraid of breaking the original knob, but I honestly much rather have the rubber Chroma knob on it so I do want to get it off.

Thanks for the support

Tried a butter knife with towel underneath it?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Nope. An employee of DJTT told me I had to pull it straight up. Can't do that with a knife...

Pulling straight up is the safest way. That is why DJTT will say that. Sometimes it needs a little wiggle with a knife which CAN be a little dangerous if your an idiot. Just go slow and go from side to side. I.E. knife on one side and give it a little push then knife on the other side and give it a little push. It will come off without damaging it.