A&H.. how I've missed you! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Wizard

...loving it so far, as you say, the filters are stunning, can see myself mixing with them much more than with the EQ's now, I owned a rotary mixer before so was happy to step back into that realm.

To be honest, the on-board effects on the DB4 were always underused, I tend not to hammer effects anyway and if I use any it'll be something subtle like a small amount of delay or something. I guess the 92 might have been a better option for me at the time I bought it, but the simplicity of the built-in soundcard appealed to me. If I'm experimenting it tends to be with Traktor's effects, which are great controlled from the D2.

To be honest, I've not attempted routing the effects through the mixer yet, was only just reading about it... guess I'll be giving that a go next

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply, I am with you, I don't like to overuse the effects. But, I do like to add them subtly in the mix and when I do use effects, I only use on-board effects. My set-up includes: djm900, two 2000 nxs, and 2 m5g's. I would like to avoid adding any additional pieces of kit (like a controller or X1), but that may be my only option if I do get an mp2015.

But, along the lines of what you mention, the powerful filters and eqing (and isolator) of the mp2015 provides a completely different range, way to mix, and edit different nuances of the track (and mix in general), that really appeals to me. Please keep me posted, in regards to routing the traktor effects to the mixer, surprisingly I found very little information about this (aside from the rane video on youtube). Or if you record any mixes using the mixer, please feel free to share, I'd love to give it a listen.

Tech Mentor

Gorgeous. 2015 + D2's dream set up for me, I'm half way there...... !

Gotdamn.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Wizard

..new mix recorded using the Rane, no idea if you'll be able to tell any difference!

https://soundcloud.com/unbroken1/dam...ive-studio-mix

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234